Around the League Thread | Marching to the Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Lots has been said about Edwards and no ill will meant with this but it made me laugh

joker_boner.jpg

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Like very playoff team, Canucks are looking at add bottom-6 grit and toughness and some defensive depth. So, like everyone else, Seeler and Walker are of interest. Canucks would probably like Scott Laughton but I think the asking price is going to be greater than his production or on-ice impact.

Pretty much the universal answer.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
The one added plus is Thomas Harley has emerged as a decent defenseman and has opted to play for Canada over the USA.

Makar, Matheson, Theodore, Harley, Dobson, Morrissey, Dunn, Toews, Durzi, Rielly

Older guys that still got it: Pietrangelo, Letang, Doughty, Myers 🦒

Not terribly bad.
D feels like its made up of mostly offensive defensemen. Not much in the way of a reliable/shutdown/1st PK kind of player. I guess Makar can be if he is healthy and is allowed to play, but from that list I'm not sure who I would want out there against Matthews/Hughes.

By 2026 I would imagine the older guys like Pie and Doughty would not make the roster anymore, let alone shutting down the best forwards in the world.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
So Seguin out, dallas to use the cap space
Kempe out - blake already reported to use cap space

dallas reported to be front runner with offer on table for tanev

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Brady Tkachuk following in his brother and father's footsteps.
Brady, figured his max deal with Ott would be the last one he signed with them. Year 3 already in it. This is what happens when you under perform. The Sens were in a transition from the Melnyk estate to the new owner in the summer. Hopefully he gives the Sens a year to allow the new regime to figure things out.

But Ott has to get their act together . Have talent but whether they are all the right pieces collectively is another story.

Reactions: andora

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I dont see how dallas doesnt add tanev..he made sense awhile back when i mentioned it and still makes sense

Give the draft pick.. they are loaded - or see if lundqvist can be used

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I dont see how dallas doesnt add tanev..he made sense awhile back when i mentioned it and still makes sense

Give the draft pick.. they are loaded - or see if lundqvist can be used

Jim Nill's significant deadline deal acquisition history consists of Zuccarello for a conditional 2nd & 3rd (the conditions upgraded both picks to 1sts but did not convey). That was 5 years ago. He pretty much just nibbles around the margins at the deadline.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Jim Nill's significant deadline deal acquisition history consists of Zuccarello for a conditional 2nd & 3rd (the conditions upgraded both picks to 1sts but did not convey). That was 5 years ago. He pretty much just nibbles around the margins at the deadline.
Oh for sure (but then throw in the random lundqvist deal)

But if any time to go its now

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad