Around the League Thread | Marching to the Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Ceci and Bouchard are so gonna get exposed in the playoffs. Just dump the puck to their side of the rink and watch them scramble like little mice.
Bouchard was so bad on the Kings 2nd goal, but his shot-pass was so good on the Oilers 2nd goal. Really strange player. He is probably still a net positive, but is so unreliable on his side of the rink.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Bouchard was so bad on the Kings 2nd goal, but his shot-pass was so good on the Oilers 2nd goal. Really strange player. He is probably still a net positive, but is so unreliable on his side of the rink.
He’s honestly one of the worst defensive players I’ve seen in a long time. His saving grace is his offensive ability particularly his shot but he relies on others to get the puck to him. His shot creates a ton of scoring opportunities so he gets his points that way. Nothing else is remotely impressive.

He is a terrible skater and gets flat footed all the time like the Kings 2nd goal. Dump the puck and beat him to the race and create a cycle on his side and he retreats towards the net because he gets overwhelmed.

Janmark, McLeod, Holloway, Brown, etc have 16 goals combined. Hoglander has 17 goals and plays 10 minutes for us to put into perspective. 5 on 5 team can’t score unless they load up McDrai and Hymen. Trash ass team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He’s honestly one of the worst defensive players I’ve seen in a long time. His saving grace is his offensive ability particularly his shot but he relies on others to get the puck to him. His shot creates a ton of scoring opportunities so he gets his points that way. Nothing else is remotely impressive.

He is a terrible skater and gets flat footed all the time like the Kings 2nd goal. Dump the puck and beat him to the race and create a cycle on his side and he retreats towards the net because he gets overwhelmed.

Janmark, McLeod, Holloway, Brown, etc have 16 goals combined. Hoglander has 17 goals and plays 10 minutes for us to put into perspective. 5 on 5 team can’t score unless they load up McDrai and Hymen. Trash ass team.
Was my concern about Bouchard back in 2018 when I expected Hughes to go to Det or AZ. Didn't want Bouchard becasue of the poor to average skating and didn't want Boqvist because of the size and the concussion.

Felt Dobson would take some time to fill out but he was going to have more of a Pietroangelo development, where he'd be the last of DD, Bogo, Schenn to arrive, but would be very good when he got it together. Dobson has put up better numbers than I expected. Defensively not as sound. Maybe, if he had another season or 2 with Trotz that would be different.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You kind of get the vibe that if the Oilers and Kings met in the playoffs..The Kings would suffer the same fate once again.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Yeah, I'm of the mindset that Cloutier was already a known quantity before he ever set foot in Vancouver...and he more or less lived up to that billing.

He was someone who wasn't really well composed mentally and wasn't the goalie Burkie was hoping he'd be.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
was just looking at some Team Canada predicted rosters... f*** it looks terrible tbh.

Button had goalies as Hill, Binnington and Skinner. Then he had Bouchard on the D. Puke.

Our forwards are crazy.

Defense starts high, gets a bit thin by the end.

Goaltending turns into a nightmare factory - especially when you look over at USA and see that they have Hellebyuck, Demko and Oettinger.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Our forwards are crazy.

Goaltending turns into a nightmare factory - especially when you look over at USA and see that they have Hellebyuck, Demko and Oettinger.

The one added plus is Thomas Harley has emerged as a decent defenseman and has opted to play for Canada over the USA.

Makar, Matheson, Theodore, Harley, Dobson, Morrissey, Dunn, Toews, Durzi, Rielly

Older guys that still got it: Pietrangelo, Letang, Doughty, Myers 🦒

Not terribly bad.

Last edited:

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Our forwards are crazy.

I don’t think a tandem of Hill and Jarry would be that bad, but yikes if Skinner and Binnington are picked over him. The thin defence worries me more honestly, especially if Makar isn’t allowed to play.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
The one added plus is Thomas Harley has emerged as a decent defenseman and has opted to play for Canada over the USA.

Makar, Matheson, Theodore, Harley Dobson, Morrissey, Dunn, Toews, Durzi, Rielly

Older guys that still got it: Pietrangelo, Letang, Doughty, Myers 🦒

Not terribly bad.

Yeah, Dobson and Harley emerging is huge for Canada. Maybe next year Byram and Power fully breaks out too.

Goaltending is a mess. Hart ruined himself, Cossa has struggled in pro, Levi will probably not be ready by 2026 (assuming Buffalo doesn't ruin him).

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Goaltending is a mess. Hart ruined himself, Cossa has struggled in pro, Levi will probably not be ready by 2026 (assuming Buffalo doesn't ruin him).
Hill is certainly #1 in net. Jarry is probably #2. Would probably say Hofer has a decent shot of being a capable goaltender by then.

But yeah, the next bracket below is Ingram, Daws and Levi. Hard to gauge whether they are capable of handling duties since they have played behind some awful teams this year.

No to Binnington.

Reactions: supercanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad