Around the League Thread: 2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Going to have to disagree...

Chara fought anyone that was man enough to drop the gloves with him, most were/are "terrified" of him. He was known for KO players going back to his WHL days.

You're wrong.

3 total TKO's in over 100+ career fights (dating all the way back to his WHO days).

In fact he's almost been TKO'd as many times himself.

Zdeno Chara Fights

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Watched Columbus the other night.
Not many people talking about them but they looked really really good.
Overall depth is impressive, like some of the young players they have inserted and BOB is a great goalie.

Reactions: MJ65

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Watched Columbus the other night.
Not many people talking about them but they looked really really good.
Overall depth is impressive, like some of the young players they have inserted and BOB is a great goalie.

I agree they are pretty impressive

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Sens are out of the playoff spot. Duchene's stat line in 5 games for the Sens: 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points -6.

Good thing they lottery protected that pick this year.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sens are out of the playoff spot. Duchene's stat line in 5 games for the Sens: 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points -6.

Good thing they lottery protected that pick this year.
Ottawa causes us nightmares (that hopefully, we can solve), but no one outside of Tampa scares me, and we should absolutely expect to get home-ice in the first round at this point.

This weekend has gone pretty well for us. Outside of Boston winning out west, our division is having a lot of problems.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ottawa causes us nightmares (that hopefully, we can solve), but no one outside of Tampa scares me, and we should absolutely expect to get home-ice in the first round at this point.

This weekend has gone pretty well for us. Outside of Boston winning out west, our division is having a lot of problems.

Tampa is only scary because of Kucherov-Stamkos right now. I can't wait till January when we get to play against that team. I don't think what Stamkos/Kucherov/Vasilevsky are doing is sustainable. We've kept pace with them but have more depth.

We should easily get home ice advantage. In a 7 game series, we can solve Ottawa and their trap. I'd prefer if the Red Wings somehow got that third seed though. That's a team that should be easy to handle in a 7 game series.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Tampa is only scary because of Kucherov-Stamkos right now. I can't wait till January when we get to play against that team. I don't think what Stamkos/Kucherov/Vasilevsky are doing is sustainable. We've kept pace with them but have more depth.

We should easily get home ice advantage. In a 7 game series, we can solve Ottawa and their trap. I'd prefer if the Red Wings somehow got that third seed though. That's a team that should be easy to handle in a 7 game series.
Point, Johnson, and Palat are great secondary depth forwards. Hedman and Stralman are top defenders. We have more forward depth, but they are still a very scary team and our main competition. Both of us have higher than average PDO's. It should be an interesting battle with them all year.

Reactions: carko32

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Point, Johnson, and Palat are great secondary depth forwards. Hedman and Stralman are top defenders. We have more forward depth, but they are still a very scary team and our main competition. Both of us have higher than average PDO's. It should be an interesting battle with them all year.

Yeah, I think the head to head games will end up deciding the division. I don't think either team is as good as their pace at the moment. Leafs aren't going to be a 109 point team, Tampa isn't going to be a 110+ point team.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

no way will Detroit make it, although I'd love that. Boston would be an awesome first round opponent for us though

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
50 save night for Gibson.
Ducks beat the Panthers 3-2.
Oh Randy you just love getting massively outshot.

Reactions: carko32

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
why are they?
i mean, he puts up points, he gets coaches and gm's fired... hes a gem.
We've been very fortunate.
You need to draft the high end talent but you need to put a team around that talent. Plus those core pieces need to have the right drive train/frame of mind.
Teams at the bottom with us during our rebuild: Edmonton,Arizona,Buffalo,Florida.
Teams still at the bottom: see above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad