Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
why on earth do the Blackhawks get all the winter classic games? geeze marie

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Watched the 23 year old josh Anderson vs chara... first chara hits Anderson from behind, no call. Very dangerous play that chara at least should've gotten a minor for.

Anderson gets up, and of course chara is willing to fight the 6'3, 220lber, considering the size difference and youth.

Chara grabs Anderson and gets a couple shots in, but to his surprise Anderson has a good strategy, he yanks on the lanky chara and swings, chara is put off balance and nearly eats a heavy strike.

Realizing he is up somewhat of a worthy opponent, he resorts to his white flag move... of grabbing his opponent and falling to the ice with him. He used to do this with Laraque all the time.

This is why I dispise chara, he always is a willing combatant in fights against players he has a clear advantage over, and will punch the player as many times as he can. However, whenever he meets a match he's hesitant to fight (ex laraque) and when he does fight, he isn't willing to stand up and fight. He will always grapple and fall.

He's a coward.

/rant

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Oilers fans are the most obnoxious in the world. Hard to feel bad for them, as much as I do want to see McDavid do well

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Watched the 23 year old josh Anderson vs chara... first chara hits Anderson from behind, no call. Very dangerous play that chara at least should've gotten a minor for.

Anderson gets up, and of course chara is willing to fight the 6'3, 220lber, considering the size difference and youth.

Chara grabs Anderson and gets a couple shots in, but to his surprise Anderson has a good strategy, he yanks on the lanky chara and swings, chara is put off balance and nearly eats a heavy strike.

Realizing he is up somewhat of a worthy opponent, he resorts to his white flag move... of grabbing his opponent and falling to the ice with him. He used to do this with Laraque all the time.

This is why I dispise chara, he always is a willing combatant in fights against players he has a clear advantage over, and will punch the player as many times as he can. However, whenever he meets a match he's hesitant to fight (ex laraque) and when he does fight, he isn't willing to stand up and fight. He will always grapple and fall.

He's a coward.

/rant
Going to have to disagree...

Chara fought anyone that was man enough to drop the gloves with him, most were/are "terrified" of him. He was known for KO players going back to his WHL days.

Last edited:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Going to have to disagree...

Chara fought anyone that was man enough to drop the gloves with him, most were/are "terrified" of him. He was known for KO players going back to his WHL days.

Watch his laraque fights... where he would just grab onto laraque and fall to the ice.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Your pal mikeyg is here with another hot take. Which scenerio is worse:

A) Going from the dumpster (8 yrs) to contender status (1 yr) to dumpster (1 yr) - oil tankers
or
B) A decade of dumpster - buffalo

I think the false hope A) is worse.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
It looks like Mcjesus is making his way to the top of the points list again.

Which is good for us. Show Auston what a big contract and no depth gets you. Mcdavid can lead the league in scoring and the oil aren’t making the playoffs.

If Auston were to outscore connor then it will hurt us long term. Win as a team. Let the kids find success and then mature into world beaters and award winners.

Also. If kucherov wins the hart and rocket. What’s his next contract?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Which is good for us. Show Auston what a big contract and no depth gets you. Mcdavid can lead the league in scoring and the oil aren’t making the playoffs.

If Auston were to outscore connor then it will hurt us long term. Win as a team. Let the kids find success and then mature into world beaters and award winners.

Also. If kucherov wins the hart and rocket. What’s his next contract?

Probably around $11 as well if he keeps this up, given inflation.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Your pal mikeyg is here with another hot take. Which scenerio is worse:

A) Going from the dumpster (8 yrs) to contender status (1 yr) to dumpster (1 yr) - oil tankers
or
B) A decade of dumpster - buffalo

I think the false hope A) is worse.

where's the hot take in that?

i'd rather be B. because you can always hope to be better and get out of it.
it would suck to suck, be really good then know that it was just a fleeting moment.

as well that's something @Krazy - i've been saying for ages. I'm all for players getting their money. truly. but there should be a moment that goes through their heads that - if I take ALL the money - my manager can't do everything possible to help the team win. (yes. i know the player shouldn't care, the GM needs to do his job) but i've always said, it should be in tandem.

I would if it meant i could win say 2-3 stanley cups in the first 1/2 of my career, take a little less to ensure that possibility rather than getting what "i'm worth" and my team is a constant tire-fire. (this isn't even a shot at McDavid. i've said this constantly about many players who make bank and then all of a sudden it's whop whomp, the team can't do well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad