Around the League Thread: 2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Johnny T now tied with Stammer and line mate Bailey for 2nd with 45 points and 21 goals !! Imagine what he can do with Willie or Mitch on his right side.

Bad enough we traded up with the Isles to get Schenn, now Bailey who Isles took with our pick is lighting it up. Nice job Burkie.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Johnny T now tied with Stammer and line mate Bailey for 2nd with 45 points and 21 goals !! Imagine what he can do with Willie or Mitch on his right side.

Bad enough we traded up with the Isles to get Schenn, now Bailey who Isles took with our pick is lighting it up. Nice job Burkie.

The Isles traded back to the 9th pick with Florida after they moved back to #7 with the Leafs.. That wasn't the Leafs pick they took Bailey with technically.

Bailey is also in his 10th season... He didn't even crack 40 points until he was in his 7th pro year. And he's never had more than 15 goals. I mean it's nice to see that he's having a great season but he's far from some hidden gem or up and comer the Leafs missed out on.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The Isles traded back to the 9th pick with Florida after they moved back to #7 with the Leafs.. That wasn't the Leafs pick they took Bailey with technically.

Bailey is also in his 10th season... He didn't even crack 40 points until he was in his 7th pro year. And he's never had more than 15 goals. I mean it's nice to see that he's having a great season but he's far from some hidden gem or up and comer the Leafs missed out on.

Yeah, I take every opportunity to rip Burke. Technically he moved up to take Schenn with Karlsson, Myers and Gardiner on the board. It is all a crap shoot I guess.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
And.that was fletcher.

I think you are right. Damn the grey fox, also blamed him for bowing to fan/mgmt pressure to bring back Wendel which cost us Kenny Jonnsson and Roberto Luongo and of course the Steen trade. I think he was going senile in his last days as Leaf GM :)

Reactions: WWB

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
Yeah, I take every opportunity to rip Burke. Technically he moved up to take Schenn with Karlsson, Myers and Gardiner on the board. It is all a crap shoot I guess.
You can rip Burke all you want...just make sure it was Burke who made the moves you're ripping...this was on Fletcher.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Barzal likely only becomes a 2nd line C. I mean there is a reason he dropped in the draft. Unsustainable shooting percentage doeant change that fact. He also has great players so that is a huge benefit.
Marner is already a 1st line winger playing with a top 6 winger and a 3rd line centre who is afraid of his own shadow
Despite lower overall quality linemates, Marner is better then Barzal(who cant show up for big games)

Barzal has 32 points in 35 games and has looked very good when I've watched him this season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I believe he is a recent fan to hockey...

Brazal scored 2 goals so far against the Jets, 3rd period still to come

Kid has a hattrick today.

His 10th, 11th and 12th goals on the season.

35 points in 36 games.

Guarantee you Barzal will be on coaches corner as Don Cherry sings his praise every HNIC.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think people that say Lilly doesnt play an important role on the Marlies are fans who just started watching.
Once again. Barzal is good but at this point just a 2nd line C. Bailey has been an amazing linemate to him. How many points would Barzal have without him? That would be an interesting question.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think people that say Lilly doesnt play an important role on the Marlies are fans who just started watching.
Once again. Barzal is good but at this point just a 2nd line C. Bailey has been an amazing linemate to him. How many points would Barzal have without him? That would be an interesting question.

FYI

NYI lines are.. Lee -- Tavares --- Bailey and Barzal centers the 2nd line between Andrew Ladd and Jordan Eberle.

Anders Lee is 3rd in NHL goal scoring with 22 and Tavares is 4th with 21 and that is why Bailey has all his points.

Barzal and Bailey don't play together ES only on PP.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
cut.jpg

WPG@NYI: Lee, Barzal score 49 seconds apart

Barzal's hat trick powers Islanders past Jets

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

to be fair, burke also traded schenn to get JVR

Bailey has never even gotten to 17 goals in a season yet..so pretty sure it worked out well for the leafs

isles woulda traded bailey for a bag of peanuts 2 years ago. and now they probably have to pay him 6+. that will be a huge risk

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
McDavid looks like he's hurt. Hopefully it's nothing

its pretty funny that there were a few mcdavid fans in the laine vs matthews thread calling AM injury prone and making comments about how Laine must be better because he has more goals/pts

karma is a crazy thing eh?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
its pretty funny that there were a few mcdavid fans in the laine vs matthews thread calling AM injury prone and making comments about how Laine must be better because he has more goals/pts

karma is a crazy thing eh?
yeah I know who you mean. Some of the worst users on the site in my opinion

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Filatov,Wilson,Boedker,Bailey and Hodgson were 6-10.

I think burkie did all right turning that pick into JVR. Myers at 12 woulda been nice, but he was sandw. iched between Beach and Teubert. Carolina took Boychuck 1 spot before EK and pretty much have only taken dmen rd 1 since (aside from lindholm, another bad pick in his slot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad