Around the League the First: Government Shutdown Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He was on the ice for the GWG (at least, if he was paired with Phaneuf), but there was literally nothing he could have to prevent it. Shot from the red line that Dion tipped past Bernier

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I watched the game. Gleason did fine IMO and the minuses were nothing to do with him. He did as well as could be expected given his first game with a new team. Just really odd how bad his team performs when he is in the line-up, even when he has nothing to do with it.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I didn't watch a lot of the game, but both of those goals against don't seem to be his fault. Both were long shots with the player skating into the zone that Bernier completely flubbed. Not much he could have done on those.

This is the type of night Bernier had:

[NHL]2013020648-285-ingame-h[/NHL]

:laugh:

exactly, but some like to post those numbers of Gleason's for some reason. spite, fun, idk. down and out scapegoats are always fun to pile on time and time again for some I suppose. but yeah, team sport, etc...........should cut the guy a little slack I think....it's a bit weird already. should be wishing him well. Gleason is in a difficult stage of his career. I hope he can manage to find a way to succeed for himself and his family. :rant:

EDIT: this video doesn't even show ALL of Bernier's gaffes. :)

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Meh....right now, I really don't want to see Tim Gleason do well. Well, check that. I guess more precisely, I don't want the team he is playing for to do well. It has nothing to do with how I view Gleason and his time as a Cane....but has everything to do with the fact that he plays for a team the Canes are competing with for a playoff spot.

As I said earlier, I watched the game last night and he played ok, about as well as can be expected for his first game on a new team. None of the goals against really had anything to do with Gleason.

As for why I have posted the stat about his team only winning twice in the 18 games he played? Because I think it's an interesting bit of information. Obviously 1 guy isn't the reason they haven't won more than 2 times, but it is a bit odd and interesting to me nonetheless.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Speaking of which, why the hell can no one in this league hold a 2-goal lead in the third anymore?

Vancouver up 2 goals with about a minute left in the game. Pens score twice and win in the SO.

Seriously, seems like every other night, some team is blowing a multigoal lead in the third.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
The only regulation win the Leafs have in the last 23 games is against us? Really? Of course... Who else would it be against LOL... I guess we can chalk up a loss tomorrow, in regulation... You know it's happening LOL

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Knew we couldn't get through the night without some middle finger from the hockey gods. I just figured it would have happened during the game they were supposed to play tonight

Not picking on you personally, bb, but as fans of a team with NINE loser points, I think we should keep our chirping about three-point games to a minimum.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Flyers up 3-0 on Montreal, Rangers up 2-0 on Chicago.

No help tonight, it seems

EDIT: And now it's 2-2 in Chicago

Last edited:

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
God, I wish that Buffalo game wasn't postponed, because I know we would've won that one. Now it's just a game in hand instead of 2 points.

In wild card news, the Senators are down 2-1 to the Avalanche.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Don't you mean Jamie McBain would have scored a hatty and we'd get shut out 3-0?

Honestly, Buffalo is so much of a train fire that the Hurricanes could regress to their patented stand around for 40 minutes and play decent for 20 and still win by 3 goals.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Honestly, Buffalo is so much of a train fire that the Hurricanes could regress to their patented stand around for 40 minutes and play decent for 20 and still win by 3 goals.

Kind of like the Canes did against Edmonton. I don't consider any team a cake walk for the Canes.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Edmonton can score goals. Buffalo really can't.

The only problem would be scoring on Miller.

Canes are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. Buffalo is 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. Also, they have won their last 5 Home games beating WPG, Boston, Phx, WSH and NJ.

Assuming a bubble team like the Canes without E. Staal can just stand around for 40 minutes and win by 3 goals is optimistic. This game would not have been a cake walk by any means. Given how Buffalo is playing at home and the quality of teams they are beating, the game is a toss-up at best IMO. The Canes would have needed to play a strong game to win this.

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Canes are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. Buffalo is 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. Also, they have won their last 5 Home games beating WPG, Boston, Phx, WSH and NJ.

Assuming a bubble team like the Canes without E. Staal can just stand around for 40 minutes and win by 3 goals is optimistic. This game would not have been a cake walk by any means. Given how Buffalo is playing at home and the quality of teams they are beating, the game is a toss-up at best IMO. The Canes would have needed to play a strong game to win this.

When's the last time the Canes beat anyone by 3 goals? Seriously have they even done it this year.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
When's the last time the Canes beat anyone by 3 goals? Seriously have they even done it this year.

I think they beat Nashville 5-2 with Skinner's EN Hat trick? Can't think of any others off the top of my head...so yeah, it's not very common. I realize that was just a hyperbole be thrown out there, but my point is the game would have not been a cake walk.

EDIT: BTW, this is 1000 so I guess we need a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad