GDT: Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Lets go sabres (only because i hate philly, and sabres prob wont win back to back games)

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Ever game is going to have HUGE implications in the standings. All games are within the conference and a shortened season. End of the season is going to be a thrill to watch. Hurray for being during exams....:laugh:

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Lets see how Komarov does first :) He intrigues me and I think he can fill the same role as Ott quite well.

yeah i know...8 hits not too bad......jvr really impressed me, big body, and always went to the net.....

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Kinda hoping the Sabres win. It'll take some pressure off for tomorrow.

Even if they lose Philly is a solid team so there is always that excuse hanging around haha. Buffalo I think will have a good year though, they turned it on late last season and I think it will continue for the most part.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
that goal should have counted

Easily, he barely touched Miller's pad and the puck was going in the net regardless if he touched the pad or not.

This is why there should be a challenge flag for the coaches. I hate seeing games decided because of bad calls like that. Hopefully it doesn't end up making a difference.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I don't think that's really relevant. I'd want Philly to win against a division team and hopefully do their best to wear them out..

It is relevant.

If Buffalo loses today, there's going to be more pressure on them to win tomorrow. They love playing us.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Does Pierre McGuire even watch hockey? "How about them Florida Panthers beating up on the Washington Capitals?" Florida beat Carolina, Pierre. Carolina.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm not going to over-react to something on the 2nd game of the season, but where is the secondary scoring going to come from in Philadelphia?

I know that Briere isn't playing, but I think that Voracek is going to need to step up a bit more this season and I'm just not sure if he's able to do that.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I'm not going to over-react to something on the 2nd game of the season, but where is the secondary scoring going to come from in Philadelphia?

I know that Briere isn't playing, but I think that Voracek is going to need to step up a bit more this season and I'm just not sure if he's able to do that.

They'll find their way.

Lots of talent up front with that team.

JMcLeaf

Simmonds, Read, Couturier, Voracek and Briere when he returns

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It's still early, but Columbus looks like they got some good pieces for Nash.

Anisimov looked like a beast last night against Nashville.

Scored a goal similar to Kessel's against calgary last year where he takes on someone obviously bigger than him drives it home. Except Anisimov scored on the back hand. Dirty.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Simmonds, Read, Couturier, Voracek and Briere when he returns

Bolded the players I don't expect to be able to repeat. Add Hartnell to that as well. Hartnell maybe could get similar points total, but I don't think he gets anywere close to that many goals again.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
It's still early, but Columbus looks like they got some good pieces for Nash.

Anisimov looked like a beast last night against Nashville.

Scored a goal similar to Kessel's against calgary last year where he takes on someone obviously bigger than him drives it home. Except Anisimov scored on the back hand. Dirty.

I wish them all the best. Hopefully they can build a solid stable of young players and start to make in impact.

When they made the playoffs a few years ago, I thought they had a lot of promise, but then they fell from grace.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I wish them all the best. Hopefully they can build a solid stable of young players and start to make in impact.

When they made the playoffs a few years ago, I thought they had a lot of promise, but then they fell from grace.

Their fall started in net. Bobrovsky seems like a guy who won't be a top 10 goalie in the league but can keep them in every game. If he can be consistently okay he will help tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA