Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Dobson has zero heart lost a puck battle on the 4-3 goal tonight and when it was 2-1 last game with goalie pulled same thing. Evan Bouchard=Noah Dobson.
From the faceoff onward, I have no idea what Dobson thought that he was trying to do there. That touch of the puck in the neutral zone... o_O

Anyway, Carolina dominated that game, it just took awhile for the scoreboard to catch up to the run of the play.

Reactions: sting101

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Vancouver matches up decently against them. It would be a tough series but definitely winnable
I feel like we actually don't know how we match up.

When we met them early in the season it was a completely different Canucks team and completely different Oilers team (in terms of how they were performing).

The last game we played them was sans McDavid.

I'm certainly scared of the Oilers, I view them as a better team than both LA and us.

It just so happens that the Canucks coaching staff can't figure out how to beat LA's 1-3-1.

Both opponents would be hard for us.

But not as hard as going through the Central.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I can’t believe people thought it was a good idea for the Canucks to Vegas in first round.
It was people underrating them based on their regular season but how many games did they play with Stone/Eichel/Marchessault/Hertl/Karlsson/Stepehenson/Barbashev/Mantha/Roy with Petro/Theo/Hanifin/McNabb all in the lineup?

Zero

That's a stacked lineup because it's well over the cap, especially when factoring in retention.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I feel like we actually don't know how we match up.

When we met them early in the season it was a completely different Canucks team and completely different Oilers team (in terms of how they were performing).

The last game we played them was sans McDavid.

I'm certainly scared of the Oilers, I view them as a better team than both LA and us.

It just so happens that the Canucks coaching staff can't figure out how to beat LA's 1-3-1.

Both opponents would be hard for us.

But not as hard as going through the Central.
Just Bobby Clarke McDavid and we will be fine.

It was people underrating them based on their regular season but how many games did they play with Stone/Eichel/Marchessault/Hertl/Karlsson/Stepehenson/Barbashev/Mantha/Roy with Petro/Theo/Hanifin/McNabb all in the lineup?

Zero

That's a stacked lineup because it's well over the cap, especially when factoring in retention.
Ya cause half those f***ers were on BS LTIR.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Oilers in the second round, Winnipeg in the third, that'd be my personal path.

But honestly, as good as we are right now, I feel like anything beyond doing damage in round 2 is gravy. We've still got a few holes to patch up (scoring winger, 2nd RD, etc).

We're close! But still a notch below the top tier teams.

Who knows though, Demko could go full bubble again lol

Last edited:

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Honestly the shenanigans in the final regular season game may pay off big. Pushing Vegas to the Central is a big boost for a deep run. No way Edmonton was going to beat them.

Reactions: Nucker101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad