Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
just FYI for Tre haters out there and the ones who were calling me out that point shots don't matter

there you have two prime examples why they matter

P.S. Tre with the Klingberg signing had the right idea
I've been saying it for a while that the Leafs get almost nothing offensively from their blueline and it's a major reason why they struggle to score in the playoffs. Klingberg was the right idea, didn't work out. Hopefully he brings in another offensive D or two this summer.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I've been saying it for a while that the Leafs get almost nothing offensively from their blueline and it's a major reason why they struggle to score in the playoffs. Klingberg was the right idea, didn't work out. Hopefully he brings in another offensive D or two this summer.

There were dubas fans quoting my posts telling me why point shots have no meaning :laugh:

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
When ESPN started jerking the nucks off for the number of Americans they had/lack of Canadians on the roster before game 7. it was probably a good sign that this was done

• Wow
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
There were dubas fans quoting my posts telling me why point shots have no meaning :laugh:

Treliving also brought in Edmundson and Lub... was that to solve that issue?

He made it worse in the playoffs.

Klingberg also has sucked for a long time... right idea, wrong player.

And then he did a 180 and got the point less offensive for the playoffs.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Does anyone want to wake the Canucks up and remind them that there's a GM 7 being played tonight in Vancouver?

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Treliving also brought in Edmundson and Lub... was that to solve that issue?

He made it worse in the playoffs.

Klingberg also has sucked for a long time... right idea, wrong player.

And then he did a 180 and got the point less offensive for the playoffs.

Both of them played well so I don't know what your point is? Bush had as many points as Marner

Does anyone want to wake the Canucks up and remind them that there's a GM 7 being played tonight in Vancouver?
They'll figure it out when they have to wait for the riot to die down to get home

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah I remember those arguments. They came up with the revolutionary conclusion that the shots that are furthest away from the net result in the least goals, while completely ignoring the purpose and function of them. Having a dangerous shot from the point that opposing teams have to respect immediately opens up the threat of your other shooting options on the PP. But when you run Marner and Rielly on your PP, you don't really have much for the other team to respect do ya?

Reactions: PromisedLand

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Both of them played well so I don't know what your point is? Bush had as many points as Marner

They'll figure it out when they have to wait for the riot to die down to get home
I was looking forward to seeing the parade go up Hastings too. Oh well.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
The f*** are you talking about I was stating the obvious that Ilya Labushkin got as many points as soft hockey legend and your personal hero MM. Shit pick up tho am I right
Really don't care if they would have fired both Tre and shanny after this year but the riding for Dubas by shitting on tre is dumb

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Yeah I remember those arguments. They came up with the revolutionary conclusion that the shots that are furthest away from the net result in the least goals, while completely ignoring the purpose and function of them. Having a dangerous shot from the point that opposing teams have to respect immediately opens up the threat of your other shooting options on the PP. But when you run Marner and Rielly on your PP, you don't really have much for the other team to respect do ya?

DUMBEST philosophy ever! I don't engage with them anymore because its jsut a waste of time. They do nothing but try to prop up the overlord who is not even the GM here anymore.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The f*** are you talking about I was stating the obvious that Ilya Labushkin got as many points as soft hockey legend and your personal hero MM. Shit pick up tho am I right

So Lub was the solution from Treliving for the lack of offense? That is why he was brought in.

I have no clue what you are getting at.

We are discussing we needed offense from the point, and now you are brining up Marner for some reason... We got more defensive on the point and less offensive at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad