Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Could be the number 1 pick in a 2021 re-draft.

Hope Tre learned a lot from that trade.

As much as that's on Tkachuck, the culture change really happens when you have a steady goalie
Your margin for error is a bit higher, you can gamble a bit, take some risks, play certain types of games

To me the cornerstone of Florida still Brob

They also took some chances on young players that weren't working out on other teams
Bennett, Reinhart, Verhaege (all Canadian ;)

A lot happened here in my opinion, not just Tkachuk

Reactions: ToneDog and ACC1224

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Wyatt Jhonsson is a star(no pun) in the making
For his age he has done wonders. So mature for his age.

Really came out of no where. Good on Dallas to recognize that and let him play at some young age
Dallas has to be the model franchise at this point when it comes to drafting and developing. The way they have rebuilt that team almost exclusively on draft picks is incredible, and they still have what seem like sure-fire guys coming through the pipeline (Stankoven, Bourque, Kyrou, etc.).

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Dallas has to be the model franchise at this point when it comes to drafting and developing. The way they have rebuilt that team almost exclusively on draft picks is incredible, and they still have what seem like sure-fire guys coming through the pipeline (Stankoven, Bourque, Kyrou, etc.).
And this is exactly why I don't agree with pissing away assets every year on pure rentals... Imagine Dallas had been doing that? They'd be missing a few of those guys. I'll take a long period of competing over having a slightly better chance one year here and there.

Dallas drafting has really been incredible. Only miss in the first round recently is really gurianov. It's unfortunate nuke never found his game there but he's completely taken off since going to the avs.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
And this is exactly why I don't agree with pissing away assets every year on pure rentals... Imagine Dallas had been doing that? They'd be missing a few of those guys. I'll take a long period of competing over having a slightly better chance one year here and there.

Dallas drafting has really been incredible. Only miss in the first round recently is really gurianov. It's unfortunate nuke never found his game there but he's completely taken off since going to the avs.
The one year they bottomed out they ended up having one of the best drafts in history (2017).

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-04-30-11-13-58~2.png

What a schedule of games tonight. I might actually stay up for once and watch the Colorado game. Makar is on fire.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The one year they bottomed out they ended up having one of the best drafts in history (2017).

Right after making the Cup final too. They’ve made hay in the first round of their picks.

Taking a step back isn’t always a bad thing. Been saying this for years.

Hoping the Leafs can follow a similar trend with Knies, Cowan, and (to a lesser extent) Minten in the last few years. Plus Hildeby and Greb.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Edmundson has been solid but I'll never understand why they went out to grab him when they had 5 (!!!) LHD already. 2 picks just flushed away without fixing a need.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Edmundson has been solid but I'll never understand why they went out to grab him when they had 5 (!!!) LHD already. 2 picks just flushed away without fixing a need.

The TDL moves are a bit puzzling in retrospect. The Dewar trade was great, but probably only really should have targeted one of Edmundson or Boosh and then maybe tried to do something else.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I liked the Edmundson acquisition but in hindsight yeah I'd rather just keep the picks. Reminds me of when Nonis kept throwing away depth picks to bring in stopgap players who didn't move the needle like Ryan O'Byrne

The TDL moves are a bit puzzling in retrospect. The Dewar trade was great, but probably only really should have targeted one of Edmundson or Boosh and then maybe tried to do something else.
Boosh has actually played very well these playoffs, only d-man who hasn't been scored on

Reactions: Menzinger

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I like Coop and he’s right. But also screw Coop and the Lightning and their run to the finals as gifted by Justin Holl’s “pick” in 2022.
Still waiting for a coach to admit a call went their way and still bitch out the refs.

Mad respect if that happens

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
That Avs/Jets series is awesome. I'm actually having way more fun seeing that than our own series
I'm enjoying that one too as well as Stars/knights and Cats/Bolts. It's nice having one of those games follow a leafs game. I can get over our results quickly when i'm watching teams who both battle hard and play with passion.

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Jeez no.... -26 on the season regular and playoffs. He can put pucks in the net, but isn't useful otherwise, terrible 5v5. Forget about older players on the decline.
I think he and Matthews on opposite sides on the powerplay would cure our powerplay problems. He also brings Cup winning leadership unlike Captain Bobblehead.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I liked Dewar and adding Webber as a bet. Lyubushkin fixed a bit of a need, especially at that time. Edmundson was just like... ok I guess. They should have gone harder for Zucker or just kept the picks, I dunno. Hell, Peeke was a better option and a RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad