Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I can't believe that anyone thinks the Leafs are going to lose game 5. There is no chance things will be that easy. They will games 5 and 6, which will be just enough to bring hope back.
Did we not say you have to wish for the opposite of what we want bc it seems like whatever you wish for, the opposite happens.

• Haha
Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Barkov and Verhaeghe have more goals in tonights game than Matthews has in his last 9 playoff games.

Carter Verhaeghe's stats line looks like he had a Freaky Friday body switch with Auston Matthews.

1714443030582.png

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Boston hasn’t been playing very good for a long stretch and I don’t think they’ll be able to handle Florida’s speed and talent.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I can't believe that anyone thinks the Leafs are going to lose game 5. There is no chance things will be that easy. They will games 5 and 6, which will be just enough to bring hope back.

There's two competing realities right now:

The old Leafs, who would rise up after going down 3-1, battle their hearts out only to piss away Game 7.

The more current Leafs, post Florida trauma, who will roll over and die in a 5 game series.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Boston hasn’t been playing very good for a long stretch and I don’t think they’ll be able to handle Florida’s speed and talent.

This Florida team would/will stomp Boston like the basic team that it is. That forward group is going to maul Charlie McAvoy, smash up David Pastrnak, and give Charlie Coyle such a rough ride he won't need to fake it. And crush the rat.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope Tampa drops Cooper and the Leafs pick him up. It would be great to have someone competent and finally shed Keefe the longest standing interim coach.

I'd be shocked if they did. He'll be there a long time I think, at least until they stop making the playoffs.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Still can’t believe Lou dumped him for no logical reason at the time

That Grabner trade made no sense the day it was made. I actually thought Taylor Beck and Carter Verhaeghe were guys that didn't need to giveaway. Even though no one had any idea this woul happen for him, Verhaeghe had received a little Leivo/Brown style hype here on the boards, and Taylor Beck had a couple of goals in the Predators game leading up to Salute Gate.

Bad times.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There were several that boarded a plane to Boston today that think they’re going to lose

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Seriously why should we believe you? It was entertaining at the beginning but you are not doing yourself or the Leafs any favours.

I think everyone just needs to take a big, deep breath. They key will be for the Leafs to win game 5 and give themselves a chance to end the series at home in game 6.

Don't worry, after Saturday the Cup parade will be back on schedule.

There is an overtime game coming in this series at some point, but I think that will be games 4 and 5.

Friday: Seriously, man, it's 2-1. People are acting exactly as they did after game 1. What happened after that? The Leafs won game 2 and there were a million posts here about how great they are. The same thing will happen after game 4, and the cycle will repeat whenever they lose another game. All I'm...

Thursday: I can only ascribe it to overthinking by Monty. It would be even stranger to now stick with Swayman.

The goaltending and defense will be their downfall again.

Thursday: The series is 2-1. We are not talking about some insurmountable deficit here. The Leafs will win on Saturday, half of the people here will start talking about how the other teams in the East should be concerned about how physical the Leafs are, and the cycle will repeat itself after game 5.

They will win this series even with the special teams as they are, but can they beat a team like Carolina, literally the best special teams team in the league, with these special teams?

Wednesday: I'm not sure I would say a blowout win in tonight's game, but I think the Leafs win by a couple of goals tonight and then win in overtime in games 4 and 5.

The truth is that the Leafs don't even need Marner and Nylander in this series. Boston's pop-gun offense will ensure this series doesn't last long.

Don't worry, after Saturday the Cup parade will be back on schedule.

Tuesday: Leafs will win the next two games.

Like I said about game 2, fantastic if he is back for game 3, but they won't need him to win that game. Let him get more rest, if that is what is needed.

Yawn. Samsonov was as good as Ullmark last night and will be as good or better than Swayman in game 3 (and then Ullmark in game 4). Goaltending won't be an issue in this series. Boston's lack of secondary scoring is what will do them in.

Relax, it's one game. They will beat Boston, and then even win the second round

I said all year that Boston wasn't getting out of the first round no matter who they played,

Reactions: HolyCrap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad