Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs didn't have a great game... But the Oilers are the cup favourites getting demolished by the Canucks. Ouch.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Leafs didn't have a great game... But the Oilers are the cup favourites getting demolished by the Canucks. Ouch.
It's just one game... but I don't know how people can strut around claiming the Oilers are the cup favourites with that D and those goalies. I am not sure they are any better than what we have... so if we need improvements, so do they. I would even argue we have better defensive forwards (as a whole).

Anyway, I hope they lose a ton of games like this.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
LMAO Oilers D is something hahahahahaha and still 8 mins to go in the 3rd :laugh:

1697085317298.png

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I really don't get why Oilers are getting hyped. All they did was add Connor Brown. It's the same team with the 2 stars and the same weaknesses.

A lot of people thought that adding Ekholm solved the Oilers defensive problems

There better but there's still holes and the goaltending is scary inconsistent/bad

Reactions: Menzinger

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I really don't get why Oilers are getting hyped. All they did was add Connor Brown. It's the same team with the 2 stars and the same weaknesses.

They went on that massive hot streak after the Ekholm trade going 18-2-1 to close the season and arguably gave the reigning Cup Champs their biggest challenge in the postseason. Hard not to be impressed with that while having the best player in the world. Campbell however is a hot mess in net and Skinner is more unproven than Samsonov. If their goaltending falters they're in trouble. And if tonight's any indication that defence is a house of cards being held up by Ekholm when he's healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: stickty111

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Edmonton just got spanked by a flu ridden canucks team

At one point, Demko got pulled because he threw up in his mask

8-1 is a crazy score all things considered

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Also, not that tonight is indicative of how the rest of the season will go for them, but it's very funny that the Oilers were talking so big and bad about how prepared they were for the season and even started skating two weeks before training camp only to go out and give up a touchdown and two point conversion in the first game of the season.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
They went on that massive hot streak after the Ekholm trade going 18-2-1 to close the season and arguably gave the reigning Cup Champs their biggest challenge in the postseason. Hard not to be impressed with that while having the best player in the world. Campbell however is a hot mess in net and Skinner is more unproven than Samsonov. If their goaltending falters they're in trouble. And if tonight's any indication that defence is a house of cards being held up by Ekholm when he's healthy.
True. Still even though Ekholm is good, if one player being out makes the defence callapse, you have issues.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If the Oilers just had an average goalie and a bit better overall team defence they would be such a force...

So sad watching mcdavid continue to waste years with such bad goaltending and d.

They'll win nothing with either Campbell or Skinner.

I'm honestly surprised at all the hype bedard is getting... I feel like mcdavid didn't even get this and I don't see bedard becoming as good as him.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I pictured the Oilers fans laughing it up when it was 5-3 Habs as they envisioned their team about to stomp the Canucks.

Then they watched the game.

You know it.

Disgraceful. A team featuring the two greatest players that ever lived and a potential Vezina nominee goaltender should not be blown out by the Canucks.

McDavid even questioned the Canucks' play afterwards. Man, if he isn't scoring, he's whining.

Oh well. You hate to see it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad