Around the League Part 8: Welcome to the league Vegas, and Duchene discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Realize where the "easily" was in that sentence. I don't think they're looking to trade either player for a package of assets. They want NHL players.
Ryan O'Reilly is a NHL player we could really use.

I'd do Ryan O'Reilly for Skinner straight up without thinking about it, and I'm a Skinner apologist compared to some around here. Buffalo wouldn't though, which is why we would have to add a sizable sweetener. And Faulk and a conditional 1st would be that if they added something good like a roster player and/or a decent prospect/pick or two.

I just don't think you're getting anything comparable to ROR for that much less, unless you're eating a bad contract with it. He might "only" be a 60 point center but that's still incredibly value.

Reactions: Unsustainable

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Ryan O'Reilly is a NHL player we could really use.

I'd do Ryan O'Reilly for Skinner straight up without thinking about it, and I'm a Skinner apologist compared to some around here. Buffalo wouldn't though, which is why we would have to add a sizable sweetener. And Faulk and a conditional 1st would be that if they added something good like a roster player and/or a decent prospect/pick or two.

I just don't think you're getting anything comparable to ROR for that much less, unless you're eating a bad contract with it. He might "only" be a 60 point center but that's still incredibly value.

He's a fine player, but trading away those two plus a first makes them a worse team than keeping them.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He's a fine player, but trading away those two plus a first makes them a worse team than keeping them.
Perhaps. I think if we got Ryan O'Reilly and a LH top 4 d-man (either in the same trade or flipping whatever else we get in the trade with maybe a small plus), we'll be a much better team than with Skinner and Faulk. But then again, I'm not really a fan of Faulk much anymore, and if we trade him this offseason it'll be at his lowest value and I think the return for him will reflect that.

Reactions: Unsustainable

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Perhaps. I think if we got Ryan O'Reilly and a LH top 4 d-man (either in the same trade or flipping whatever else we get in the trade with maybe a small plus), we'll be a much better team than with Skinner and Faulk. But then again, I'm not really a fan of Faulk much anymore, and if we trade him this offseason it'll be at his lowest value and I think the return for him will reflect that.

All of that is well and good, but separate from the absurd trade proposal that has spawned more responses than I had expected. If they trade either or both of those two, I would hope it'd return more than just O'Reilly for the combination (plus a pick).

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Lucic + Talbot for Darling + Rask

Lucic would have to permanently waive his NMC for the next Expansion Draft.
Worst contract in the NHL and player that totally blocks Zykov, Foegele and Saarela? Why? I won't do it just to take Talbot and get rid of Darling. Lucic sucks big time. He's worse than Martinook.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Waddell addressed the need for someone that plays inside the dots in the Hamilton trade (Ferland.) Further, with Lindholm effectively being swapped out for the pure winger, the logical piece going back to Edmonton, Rask, is almost needed now for depth purposes. Lucic also has trade protection; I'm not sure why he would want to come to Carolina.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Waddell addressed the need for someone that plays inside the dots in the Hamilton trade (Ferland.) Further, with Lindholm effectively being swapped out for the pure winger, the logical piece going back to Edmonton, Rask, is almost needed now for depth purposes. Lucic also has trade protection; I'm not sure why he would want to come to Carolina.
Cuz the Canes "want to get tougher" and everyone (including Lucic) wants to do a huge favor for the team that was gifted a generational player but still has no idea how to build around him.

At least that's how I think delusional Oilers fans think.

UNCCHcane

Nov 26, 2008
Check out this gem from the main board

giphy.gif

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
The ask for ROR is a 1st, 2nd and really good prospect.

Anyone but Necas or Svechnikov, and I would do it.

Aho - ROR - TT
Ferland - Staal - Svechnikov
Zykov - Necas - Williams
McGinn - Martinook - Rask
PDG

Slavin - Hamilton
Skinner Trade - Pesce
Fluery - TVR

Faulk Trade
Darling

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status