Around the league part 12: "Greiss is Green-er on the other Sedoff the Zaitsev"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
What the heck. That's crazy. Hockey players are crazy.... You always hear the stories how so and so was playing the entire playoffs with a broken foot. That might be Skinner today.

Reactions: Unsustainable

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I like to think of it as Washington is competing with us for 5 possible spots while buffalo only two. Also buffalo catching up is probably less likely than us catching Washington
That's my guess anyway

Both Buffalo and Carolina are outside the playoffs at the moment, it benefits both for a playoff team to lose. It benefits them more, but we're both chasing what Washington has. Plus, if Buffalo catches us, it means we've struggled and neither of us is going to make the playoffs.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Considering that the asking price the Avs had the first time for Duchene with 2 years left was Slavin and they weren't backing down from that, yeah, we made the right call in telling them to **** off.

Did they get the equivelant of Slavin from Ottowa for him? I'm thinking not. Why do other teams always demand more from the Canes then the crap they eventually wind up accepting?

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Did they get the equivelant of Slavin from Ottowa for him? I'm thinking not. Why do other teams always demand more from the Canes then the crap they eventually wind up accepting?

Keep in mind that the truth is that we have no idea what any team is asking for in trade talks. Stuff gets in the media one way or another (sometimes even *from* message boards like this) and they get repeated enough that they become accepted fact. I don't think anyone with the Canes ever came out and said anything like this, so I'm skeptical, to say the least.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Keep in mind that the truth is that we have no idea what any team is asking for in trade talks. Stuff gets in the media one way or another (sometimes even *from* message boards like this) and they get repeated enough that they become accepted fact. I don't think anyone with the Canes ever came out and said anything like this, so I'm skeptical, to say the least.

Pffttt. Look at this guy being skeptical about something on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad