Around the League Part 11: When in doubt, blame Fortnite

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Waddell should be on a plane to Dallas as we speak and not come back until he comes back with one of the two. Or both.

As for Zykov, something we weren't privy to caused us to sour on him, and apparently it was evident in Edmonton as well. If we claim him, so be it. But no issue if we pass

That's interesting. Do you have a source or more info to go with that?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That's interesting. Do you have a source or more info to go with that?

Just my opinion. But he went from one of the prospects the organization was excited about to being a constant scratch to being waived with no one in the organization being too broken up over the possibility of a claim. And then he's basically been treated the same way in Edmonton.

And since he didn't look too poor in the games he did play in for us, if the organization did sour on him, it must have been something behind the scenes.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'd love to get Benn or Seguin, even at a high price. However, unless this causes one of them to demand a trade, I don't think they're going to get traded at this point. And you'd have to wonder if they want Nill to be the one to make such a trade if so. He's not been able to put a good enough team around these two incredibly talented players more than once. Don't they both have NMC's too? Can't imagine waiving to come here.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'd love to get Benn or Seguin, even at a high price. However, unless this causes one of them to demand a trade, I don't think they're going to get traded at this point. And you'd have to wonder if they want Nill to be the one to make such a trade if so. He's not been able to put a good enough team around these two incredibly talented players more than once. Don't they both have NMC's too? Can't imagine waiving to come here.

How come other teams can get an Eric Staal or a Jeff Skinner off of us for peanuts when the team struggles but we can't make a hockey trade for a Benn or a Seguin?

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
D54728AA-783B-4C33-870C-158CDB7B2ECB.jpeg
Only canes stuff in Richmond

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Something isn't right with Nashville.
Our sportspress already ran the clickbait headline: "Are the woes of the NHL team because of the Finnish tandem?" I thought they were talking of Minny and Koivu/Granlund, but no, it was NSH and Rinne/Saros.

(the answer the article breadtext came up with: no, it's something else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad