Around the League 42: Life, the Universe, and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
More awkward than the Utes? Or the Jazz?

Maybe the Utah Salt Yetis. Break it up a little.
1713551843247.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
We just need the ladies’ man to come on the radio talking about his time fulfilling a missionary position

I remember someone dragging me to see that movie and about halfway through the film seemed to melt and we could no longer watch the movie. Got free movie ticket vouchers out of it which seemed like a good deal given how bad it was.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
I’m annoyed that Yetis is the correct plural. Is it just me or does it sound like the plural of Yeti should be Yeti?

“There’s a singular Yeti”
“There’s a group of Yeti”
The plural should some exotic and unique word, like "a pride" of something.

In fact, just use their current roster to create the word.

A Kesselring of Yeti.
A Schmaltz of Yeti.
A Durzi of Yeti.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

So AM owns the Coyotes franchise for the next 5 years, the arena needs to be built and NHL ready in that time, but also there needs to be a year and a half notice to “reactivate” the franchise.

It sounding more and more like there’s zero chance that, if the Coyotes return, AM won’t be involved. That’s a good thing.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Does any local have a connection to a fictional thing?
Oregon Sasquatch would have, Orlando Sasquatch not so much.

I’m annoyed that Yetis is the correct plural. Is it just me or does it sound like the plural of Yeti should be Yeti?

“There’s a singular Yeti”
“There’s a group of Yeti”

Wiktionary agrees with you on that.

Noun[edit]​

yeti (plural yeti or yetis)

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
On the bad names front I have a customer his last name is Buttz. He married a Candace and she leaned full on into it and goes by Candi.
i think i've told the story here before, but in grad school there was a guy in a class i ta'd who told me about a classmate of his from high school with the last name aycock. now, that's a good and proper old-school north carolina name, and i'll not mock it. but this aycock fellow's parents chose to give him the middle name Holden. they should have taken the baby from them at the hospital.

MisterDobz

Unauthorized User
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
So the current major sports teams are ‘Real Salt lake’ which makes no sense except a cheap rip off of good football club (unless I missed a royal decree by the American king) and Utah jazz, which has nothing to do with Utah. So to me the logical name would be….

Bayern Boogie Woogies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I went to high school with a dude named Richard Cox and a dude named Richard Johnson
Never forget Brigadier General Richard Head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad