Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Are we talking about this year’s Florida or last year’s?

I happy they lost, not because I’m worried about them, but because it may shake loose a player this week.
Bennett would be a very good addition.

As far as Spencer Knight goes - I feel deeply for anyone going through personal struggles in this current world. Which I assume is everyone? Post-COVID there has been a tangible shift in the zeitgeist towards a negative abstraction of personal happiness as it pertains to the human experience. It manifests as hopelessness. I look at Roku and see advertised title like "Children ruined everything". Nearly all of the standup comics these days are just mouthpieces for how terrible our current situation is. Stay strong fam.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
This year. They still have Barkov, Verhaeghe, Lundell, Bennett, Reinhart, and they added Matthew Tkachuk. That's an insane top 6.

I get they're a lot less threatening than last year, but I do think they still have a better roster than most of the other wildcards, even with their defense being what it is. That's the nature of the wild card teams is that they all have some flaws.

They also have Mo, so….checkmate.

• Haha
Reactions: Discipline Daddy

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think my favorite potential matchups would be Detroit, because I don't think they're that good (though I respect they've put themselves in it) or Pittsburgh (we just seem to match up well). Washington would be there too if they weren't essentially giving up.

Buffalo I think is a good matchup because their D and goaltending are still suspect, but they might be able to outscore their issues for a series and if our goalies don't start "on", they'd be especially tough. Their building would be insane to play in like ours in our first playoff game back.

Isles don't really scare me, but they do have the goalie and some experience, so they're a little lower for that.

Florida? I guess if they make it, it's because they've put it together for the last couple of months of the season. But their D and goaltending don't worry me that much.

Obviously I would not want to fall to two or three. Rangers or Devils are better left to the second round.

Reactions: MinJaBen

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Decided to crash the Caps-Rags game here in Chinatown. Other than avoiding a puke shower from a drunk fan, all is well in an otherwise hell for a Canes fan .

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
1677352999174.jpeg

Looking a little shaky so far

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
And maybe not even that because probably some of those 16 games are 4, 5, or 6 point nights (I'm not gonna bother looking it up).
I wish the league could market him better. There’s a good chance he’s better or at least as good as any of the other transcendent stars in the other major sports. Guess he needs a Cup or two to get there though

Reactions: Chrispy

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Rags traded Kravtsov to Vancouver....Kane is probably next

btw: Lindgren is out of the lineup with an injury

The reaction in the aftermath of a trade like Kravtsov is always amusing. Robbery. Why didn’t we do that? That’s all he was worth?

It’s totally based on name value and draft position. Teams employ scouts for a reason. If the league values him at a 7th and a tweener, that says far more about the player at the time than being a Top 10 pick 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad