Around the League 31: when's the last time last years finialist finished dead f***ing last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The entire section? I’m gonna get banned for life from seeing my favorite hockey team because someone 8 rows away from me shouted the N-word?

Nah. But for one game? Maybe! I've been at multiple Red Sox / Yankees games at Fenway where fights have broken out in the stands and they've cleared the section. What you accept, you become.

The offenders, of course, should absolutely be banned permanently from coming to games.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well. What @Joe McGrath said there: what if he is so colorblind that it absolutely didn't compute for him that the ethnicity of Subban makes all the difference for the "strongman gesture"?

And also a little bit dumb.

I have no idea what point you are making.

My point:
If he was being racist, Joe said it was incredibly dumb.
If he wasn't being racist, BDC said it was incredibly dumb.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I have no idea what point you are making.

Like Joe said, I was referring to this point:

You could say that making the same taunting motion to Subban as he does other players is the antithesis of racism. Literally treating him exactly the same as any other player.

If you believe him that is.

Completely my bad here. :laugh: It's not like I didn't see that Joe made two posts there, and yet it didn't compute for me (either) that some clarity on my part would be recommended.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Couldn't he sue them for wrongful termination?
I would assume that the SPC of that league states that any disputes arising over the contract will be settled in arbitration. So that blocks out suing, if by suing we mean the "normal" legal proceedings in a court.

Unless obviously there is such laws in place that you can't prevent an employee from using the regular legal remedies, in which case such clause about arbitration would be void and wouldn't be put into the SPC in the first place.

I'm not being very helpful here.

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Pittsburgh crosschecks a guy from behind, ends up on a PP...did I miss something? Or are the NHL refs just straight trash?

And they tie it on the ensuing PP

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Pittsburgh crosschecks a guy from behind, ends up on a PP...did I miss something? Or are the NHL refs just straight trash?

And they tie it on the ensuing PP

That was almost as ridiculous a sequence as what the refs do to us…

Pittsburgh player cross checks the Detroit player from behind high on the back hard….. like not even subtle…. No call..

ref waits for the Detroit player to take matters into his own hands since refs aren’t calling anything, right? Gives a shot to Pitt player and ref immediately calls that…. So either ref is

A) blind and can’t see blatant penalties

B) isn’t doing his job and instead is choosing when he wants to call things in a way that creates favoritism to one team over the other

Reactions: WreckingCrew

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Im not a fan of the way a lot of other teams use so many pick plays as integral parts of their puck movement and offensive sets….

it would be fine if the player doing the picking was in that spot for longer than a split second…. But because players have so much mobility on skates then a lot of these pick players are stretching the pick by flat out moving and shifting blatantly to interfere…. You can see how blatant it is, but refs are letting it go when it goes way past just coincidental positioning creating a natural pick…. Not sure if they think they are being cute and no one sees how obvious they are being with what they are doing…. Refs need to call that crap or league needs to send out updated warning about it….

just watched Pitt players do it like 5 times in the space of about 15 seconds all up and down the ice…of course there was a high stick in there that was “accidental” I’m sure…

Detroit is trying but there are too many instances of sloppy positioning and missed assignments…. And they can’t make a basic pass that the player can take in stride…. Very noticeable that players without the puck can’t trust where the puck will be…. So it looks so disjointed…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad