Around the League - 2023/24

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Seems like it was a comment about the fan participation based on that.
Can see how a person could interpret it that way.

12000 fans showing up to greet the new team on a weekday evening is pretty damn impressive for a smaller market team. Might’ve waited to show that instead of hyping up those photos as a lot of people. I read it more as a jab at the person tweeting for trying hard to sell something the photos weren’t backing up than a jab at the fans

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Boston gets away with a lot, Wow.

McAvoy blatantly tackles Matthews behind the net. Then, moments later, Marchand trips Bertuzzi and Boston scores.

Later in the game, Tavares takes down McAvoy and of course gets a penalty.

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He should be, but I don’t think he’s done. He made like $900m on the Yotes in 5 years. So he’s going to find a way to get the expansion team, even if purely for financial reasons. I think the inclusion of the clause that allows him to add other potential owners furthers that, and the NHL wanted that clause hoping the other owner(s) would take over from Merulo.
All that’s going to be is a controlled exercise in lawsuit avoidance. The NHL is literally buying themselves time here. They’re going to get someone else there before they return to the desert. No way do they have an ounce of faith in that moron.

Note carefully how the NBA took one look at him and said “Nope, no way.”

Utah Golden Eagles would be way better than any of those
Yes. A shame the stupid Vegas franchise already took “Golden,” otherwise I’m convinced that would’ve been the name.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
People don't realize how hard it is to get rid of old players with sky high AAV, full NMC and still signed long term. These players are on the decline and cap space is very valuable.

The fact that the Sharks managed to find someone to take EK and only retain 10% is a huge win.

Then Grier traded Hertl with his awful, awful contract and two 3rd picks for a 1st. Only 17% retention??

Who cares if they no longer have any retention slot, those contracts are gone so they can rebuild properly. That's A+ GM'ing in my book.
I disagree with this sentiment. How is getting rid of those contracts helping them to rebuild, if you don't get assets in return? Hertl and/or Karlsson wouldn't have stopped their tank. Having some cap space is valuable because you can take on other teams bad contracts sure, but you don't really need that space for yourself in the next few years.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I like Outlaws and think you can do more around that.
I'm kind of apathetic of the "non-thing" names like the green team in Minnesota uses. Names like Fury and slightly less so, Venom fit in that category for me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yes, Rogers (who has lost a lot money on their NHL deal) sold their Monday night National TV rights to Amazon.
Yup that's basically it. Rodgers has seemingly been trying to find ways out of their commitment for a couple years now. This will probably just pay back Rogers for the escalation over the next two years so the losses are kept to a minimum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad