Around the League - 2023/24

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Fire up the Rod the Bod to Seattle rumors!
Probably time for him to move on. He's a great coach, but he's been with Carolina a long time, think he started as an assistant in 2010 or 2011. He's probably done all he can do for that organization. Seattle could do a whole lot worse than Brind'Amour.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Probably time for him to move on. He's a great coach, but he's been with Carolina a long time, think he started as an assistant in 2010 or 2011. He's probably done all he can do for that organization. Seattle could do a whole lot worse than Brind'Amour.
And it has to be frustrating working for Dundon with all of his dumb rules about contracts and overall how cheap he is. Rod can go to Seattle, become the highest paid coach in the league, and have a GM that knows the exact style of team he wants without ownership restrictions. It is about as perfect as a match as you can get.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Weren't people joking about Ruff behind hired as a cruel joke? Did they even interview anyone? What a fail

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Oh man... I can't think of a worse coach for Buffalo. A mediocre retread for a mediocre team that needs to find an identity. What a tragedy for that fanbase. Looks like the streak is going to extend to 15 years at least before they have a chance to pull the plug again.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Heard a funny story about Brindamour in Winnipeg yesterday. Family we spoke to are good friends with Seth Jarvis parents and apparently Rod tested first in the fitness testing over all of the players (I know rod the bod but still that’s impressive).

Another story was that schiefele refuses to swear and tells guys to frick off while on the ice in scrums.

Also, Winnipeg is the ugliest city in Canada by a mile I’ve been to them all. The downtown is roughhh.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I wonder how much of Lindy's success last year was Bruno... if it was as much as it looks today, that'll end up a terrible hire.
I’ve been of that mind for the whole time that Brunette and his system is what made the Devils thrive

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
schiefele refuses to swear and tells guys to frick off while on the ice in scrums.
Scheifele is "different" and not in a good way.

He really gives "kid who got homeschooled by extra religious parents and has a distorted view of reality" vibes.

I'll never forget the stuff he said after he nearly killed Jake Evans.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Heard a funny story about Brindamour in Winnipeg yesterday. Family we spoke to are good friends with Seth Jarvis parents and apparently Rod tested first in the fitness testing over all of the players (I know rod the bod but still that’s impressive).

Another story was that schiefele refuses to swear and tells guys to frick off while on the ice in scrums.

Also, Winnipeg is the ugliest city in Canada by a mile I’ve been to them all. The downtown is roughhh.

Can you tell them that Seth needs to have his eyes pushed wider apart... I'm not talking Anna Taylor-Joy apart, but normal apart.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Didn't see chatter on this. The Arizona limitations are interesting... Notice has to be given by Dec 31, 2027 that Arizona is to be reactivated. By that time the arena must be at least 50% done (by what standard?) and the NHL has sole approval. Along with this only 20% of the team can be sold, 49% of the arena, ownership must be maintained for 5 years. So basically we know in 3.5 years if there is going to be an Arizona team and the NHL has a lot of control. This is a put up or shut up set of conditions that if successful, they are happy. If not, they get to choose a new owner in 2028 or 2029.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

This is perfectly setup for a 3 year extension in year 2 only to be fired at the end of the season.

NJ don't have to pay him anymore since he signed elsewhere so they must be happy.

Sabres fans are surprisingly OK with the hire, they must know something we don't.

That being said Ruff wasn't the main reason for the Devils' lack of success.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Can you tell them that Seth needs to have his eyes pushed wider apart... I'm not talking Anna Taylor-Joy apart, but normal apart.
1713889188577.png

He looks AI-generated.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

You've been to ALL 7,986 Canadian cities ?

Wow, I don't know if that's more impressive or the fact that wipaneg is the ugliest of all of them.
NJ don't have to pay him anymore since he signed elsewhere so they must be happy.

Sabres fans are surprisingly OK with the hire, they must know something we don't.

That being said Ruff wasn't the main reason for the Devils' lack of success.
They know he's not granato and that's all they care about - much like when we got rid of his unqualified dildo brother.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad