Around the League - 2023/24

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Has there ever been a player that’s outperformed the AAV of their contract every single year for the duration Crosby has at the age range he has? I can’t think of one that comes even close.
Not sure about outperformed but Alfie was still a very good player through that final contract with the Sens. He even played through the low value year that was tacked on to lower the AAV assuming he would retire and then the Sens did him dirty not extending him that last year at a fair value

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Any chance the western conference change the divisions around?

Colorado, Utah and Vegas are all right next to each other.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Lol man the NHL cannot have this guy owning a team.
That's what the 5 year window is for. Good enough for Meruelo to save face in this transaction, but unrealistic enough that the NHL is pretty confident they can have a new owner in Arizona when they return there.

Reactions: The Moops

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Listening to some of the Toronto media, and they are flabbergasted by the fact that Boston might go 50/50 goalie rotation on the playoffs (at least to start). I know it might sound stupid and goes against conventional wisdom, but I witnessed my Finnish team win the championship in 2010 this way. One goalie literally played the home games, one played away. 12-3 record. Would love to see Boston try to win the cup doing the same.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
That's what the 5 year window is for. Good enough for Meruelo to save face in this transaction, but unrealistic enough that the NHL is pretty confident they can have a new owner in Arizona when they return there.

Does the five year window stipulate Arizona gets the next team or can the league put the. Golden Oilers in Houston as an expansion team before then?

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
IMG_6971.jpeg

Gonna say it again - never take these numbers at face value. Gary Bettman himself said yesterday Meruelo was losing a ton of money. These charts tell us the last couple years were pretty good to him.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Has there ever been a player that’s outperformed the AAV of their contract every single year for the duration Crosby has at the age range he has? I can’t think of one that comes even close.
Sakic was pretty good… up until he tried to fight a snowblower :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Moops

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Wha?

Utah's just going to stay in the Central.
Yeah, SLC is basically straight north of Phoenix. Now, when Houston and Arizona join, one of Utah and Zona will be in the Pacific, and Houston in the Central. That would be 9 teams in each division.

When Atlanta joins, they're in the Atlantic, and you'd think they would go after another city in the east to balance it out. 18 in each league, and 9 in each division.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Feels like the playoffs are starting too quickly I don't have the excitement build up.

Curios to see if Toronto slays their Boston problem. Hope not but I don't know if Boston is even good this year, clearly they had a good season but I look at their roster and I'm whelmed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad