Around the League - 2023/24

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Whoever don't say Avs as the favorite to win the Cup should be banned from this board.

IMO Florida in the East and Dallas or Edmonton in the West have the best chance to win it all. I don't think the Avs have a chance with George in net.

There you go....go ahead and ban me.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dubas wants to do the same thing that LAK did

fTj2x6b.png

• Haha
Reactions: Metallo and Bender

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
FSG literally fired a GM because he wanted to live on from the big 3… people always seem to forget that.
This. I mean you can criticize the way Dubas did things (trading for EK65, signing Graves etc.), but don't criticize Dubas for the plan itself. Because that came directly from ownership. He's not to begin a rebuild until Sid is done playing. Before that happens, they need to stay competitive.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
"Kotkaniemi finishes the season with 27 points in 79 games"

Man that offer sheet turned out to be a disaster for the Canes

One year at 6.1M and then 8 years at 4.82M for essentially a 4C. He's on year 2.
Yeah they clearly assumed the Habs would match, and when they didn’t they were all like “Oh shit what now”

Reactions: Balthazar

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Very surprised most people picking Dallas over Vegas. Everyone is in love with Dallas depth and the eight 20 goal scorers they have. Didn’t the Blues have the same thing when we beat them in 22?

Reactions: Vk1ing

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's probably more that Vegas has been shit for the whole season (apart from their hot start).
True, but if they get completely healthy, the playoffs can be a whole new season for them and I can see them beating Dallas. I still think Stars are somewhat overrated

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Very surprised most people picking Dallas over Vegas. Everyone is in love with Dallas depth and the eight 20 goal scorers they have. Didn’t the Blues have the same thing when we beat them in 22?
Wonder if people realize that Vegas will have a fresh, rested, Mark Stone to start game 1. He's a game changer.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Stars are likely overrated and Vegas is underrated. But I bet the cup hangover for Vegas is going to be similar to ours, healthy Stone or not. I've got Dallas in 7 personally.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If two out of Dallas, Vegas, Edmonton and Toronto go out in RD1, that'd be decent. 3/4, that'd be great.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I think that series will go 7 and either one could win it. I just think Oettinger and home ice will be the difference.

Preds will be a team to watch. Vancouver hasn't been great the 2nd half of the year. Saros could absolutely steal that series, and the way they play will give either Edmonton or LA fits.

Reactions: the_fan

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah I don't really see Dallas as overrated. They lack a truly elite star like a Mackinnon up top, but their top line is one of the better ones in the NHL and by far the best 3rd line in the NHL with Benn, Johnston and Stankoven on it. Their biggest question mark is in net with Otter having a bad year, but he's also shown plenty up upside so wouldn't be surprised if he's able to flip a switch in the playoffs.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Has there ever been a player that’s outperformed the AAV of their contract every single year for the duration Crosby has at the age range he has? I can’t think of one that comes even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad