Around the League - 2023/24

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I needed Vegas to do god's work and knock out the Oilers and Canucks

At least we get a Vegas/Dallas matchup. The 2 most rabid fanbases on HF, this will be a bloodbath
I rather have the Oilers go far than Vegas. At least the Oilers aren’t using the bull shit LTIR then pretend they do everything by the book, and Dallas can just f*** off along with Duchene

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I can't handle the Oiler fanbase going far in the playoffs. At least Vegas fans are all casuals so it's not really a big deal for me.
Fans wise I agree, but I still hate Vegas the team more than the Oilers. When i went to Vegas for the game, I was very surprised how passionate and knowledgeable their fans were, except for this one f***er behind me who kept yelling “you suck MacKinnon”

It’s like do this idiots even realize that players on the ice can’t hear them when they keep yelling “you suck” ? I mean who are they yelling for to hear?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Did the Kings players decide on the fly who they wanted to play? The shameless throwing of games to get matchups this week should be addressed by NHL but it won't be. Bruins and Panthers were playing I don't want Tampa, you take them back and forth until the end and now this obvious no one wants the Oilers charade plays out tonight. At least as stupid as Philly was they were trying to do something.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Did the Kings players decide on the fly who they wanted to play? The shameless throwing of games to get matchups this week should be addressed by NHL but it won't be. Bruins and Panthers were playing I don't want Tampa, you take them back and forth until the end and now this obvious no one wants the Oilers charade plays out tonight. At least as stupid as Philly was they were trying to do something.
Kings were leading 3-1, then they gave up 3 in a row and were trailing until late when they tied it up and got the point they needed to finish 3rd in Pacific and face the Oilers. Don’t think the Kings were trying to throw the game, but Vegas may have by losing to Ducks at home and they weren’t really trying. So maybe they preferred facing Dallas

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Oilers in the conference final Vs banged up team. I hope it's not Oilers season.

Yea...but it still sucks that the Oilers get the door wide open in the Pacific while the Central gets all the good teams.

Exactly

Fans wise I agree, but I still hate Vegas the team more than the Oilers. When i went to Vegas for the game, I was very surprised how passionate and knowledgeable their fans were, except for this one f***er behind me who kept yelling “you suck MacKinnon”

It’s like do this idiots even realize that players on the ice can’t hear them when they keep yelling “you suck” ? I mean who are they yelling for to hear?

They are just trolling you

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I'm having a hard time with Cup predictions, I originally said the Rangers just to be different but apparently they are not good against good teams.

What you guys think?

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I'm having a hard time with Cup predictions, I originally said the Rangers just to be different but apparently they are not good against good teams.

What you guys think?
Edmonton has a pretty nice path to the conference finals. Top to bottom best teams are Florida, dallas, and Vegas imo. One of Carolina or NYR likely goes to conference finals.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Why would it be addressed by the NHL ? Sometimes those kinds of decisions come back to bite you in the ass. I can't say I blame either BOS or FLA for not wanting to play TB in the 1st round rather than whoever was going to get in the playoffs ass-backwards out of that group of trash teams but at the same time, there is something to be said for having a 'stiff' opponent early in the playoffs to get you into it.

As far as VGK and LA goes, it seems pretty clear that VGK preferred DAL rather than EDM and the opposite is true for LA as they could have just easily lost that game once it was 4-3 but they kept playing hard to try and win it. I guess they think they have a better chance against EDM.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
"Kotkaniemi finishes the season with 27 points in 79 games"

Man that offer sheet turned out to be a disaster for the Canes

One year at 6.1M and then 8 years at 4.82M for essentially a 4C. He's on year 2.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Kings were leading 3-1, then they gave up 3 in a row and were trailing until late when they tied it up and got the point they needed to finish 3rd in Pacific and face the Oilers. Don’t think the Kings were trying to throw the game, but Vegas may have by losing to Ducks at home and they weren’t really trying. So maybe they preferred facing Dallas
You don't think they kinda went into the tank there giving up those goals? I mean yeah its hard to just throw a hockey game but if you are in the mindset of I kinda don't want to win tonight the effort and the details go out the window and you let in 3 to a terrible team. Same for VGK, they were blitzing the Ducks for a bit then decided it was enough and just let them score with no real pushback.

Neither wanted to play the Oilers and I don't blame them. DeBoer coached teams in the playoffs are always prime upset candidates.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You don't think they kinda went into the tank there giving up those goals? I mean yeah its hard to just throw a hockey game but if you are in the mindset of I kinda don't want to win tonight the effort and the details go out the window and you let in 3 to a terrible team. Same for VGK, they were blitzing the Ducks for a bit then decided it was enough and just let them score with no real pushback.

Neither wanted to play the Oilers and I don't blame them. DeBoer coached teams in the playoffs are always prime upset candidates.
I mean for a moment it looked like LA was throwing it, but it was about a minute left in the game and they tied it up. If they really wanted to lose, wouldn’t they just ride out that last minute and not tie it up?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

What you guys think?
I think Florida is the best team in the league by a good margin... They also have a shit path. I think they find a way this year, but it wouldn't shock me at all to see them banged up and fold to the Rangers in the ECF. In the West, Edmonton looks like the best bet. The Central bracket is a bloodbath where whoever makes it out is bound to be broken down. I could see Demko being Demko and shutting out Edmonton too. That's probably the best hope for whoever makes it out of the Central. My pick would be Florida vs Edmonton with Florida in 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad