Around the League - 2023/24

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Plenty of non ‘s’ ending names out there.
Currently 3 4 teams with a name that doesn’t end in s, Avalanche, Wild, Lightning, Kraken (f***). *Also used to be 4, before the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim changed.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I would imagine most sports teams would prefer to avoid names that are stigmatized by a society.

I'm putting my money on the Utah Arches.
Hive is clearly not HIV though. This also isn’t the 80s HIV is not on everyone’s mind day and night.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh believe me, I am looking VERY closely. I've been rooting for this since week two.
Astounding just how many things have to go wrong to hit that mark in the modern day, cap-regulated, loser point-happy NHL. But the Sharks managed to outsuck the Avs!!!

I still think the Red Wings in 2019-20 would’ve blown the doors off that season if not for COVID.

Reactions: McMetal

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Utah Arches
Screenshot_20240418_215119_Google.jpg
Laddies and gentlemen, Forces of Nature vs. Hole in a rock!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Vegas shitting the bed against the Ducks to face Dallas

Can't make that up

Look like we will see. Round 2, will be difficult regardless now.
I rather face Dallas post Vegas than Dallas post LAK

If the Oilers don't win this year, they never will in the McDavid era.
Yep, Oilers get a free ride to the 3rd round

Reactions: Avs91

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
If the Oilers don't win this year, they never will in the McDavid era.

Get to play LA, then winner of NSH/VAN, and then the battered remains of the beat up DAL/WIN/VGK/ in round 3.
As much as I agree with this, think you’re underrating how well the Canucks have played the Oilers this year. It’s like when the Canucks were weirdly Vegas kryptonite. Just not a great matchup for them. Of course it depends a lot on Demko showing a lot better than tonight after injury

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
As much as I agree with this, think you’re underrating how well the Canucks have played the Oilers this year. It’s like when the Canucks were weirdly Vegas kryptonite. Just not a great matchup for them. Of course it depends a lot on Demko showing a lot better than tonight after injury

The Canucks played the Oilers in game 1, 2, and 11 of the season when the Oilers were crap, and last Saturday without McDavid. To say the Canucks played them well is like saying Georgie is a true All-Star this season (stats are faking it).

A defense that has Tyler Myers, Ian Cole, and big Z as 3/6 defenders vs McDavid not a recipe for success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad