I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dy7LZJy.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We will know after the vote today what the terms are... if the 5 year window is true. Then you simply wait until 2029.
So what plagued the Coyotes and ex-Thrashers was rubbish ownership and for the sake of the Coyotes, they've had zero good owners, legitimately zero. They were either too poor or were snakes.

There were a ton of owners that were willing to buy the Coyotes from the NHL but the problem is that most if not all wanted to move the team out of the state, especially that bloke who wanted to move them to Hamilton (and got blacklisted by the NHL). I find it hard that the Coyotes without having a good owner for twenty years, will be able to find somebody who will want to put another expansion team back in Arizona in those five years. I 100% agree that Meurlo is not that bloke, he's shown himself as a backstabber thus far, but he's the only saving grace that the Coyotes fanbase has to get another team IMHO...even if all his plans and marketing are always way too good to be true...

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Honey is awesome, bees are awesome. Utah HoneyBees would be awesome.

Sweetened by the honey, stung by the bee. Go Bees

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So what plagued the Coyotes and ex-Thrashers was rubbish ownership and for the sake of the Coyotes, they've had zero good owners, legitimately zero. They were either too poor or were snakes.

There were a ton of owners that were willing to buy the Coyotes from the NHL but the problem is that most if not all wanted to move the team out of the state, especially that bloke who wanted to move them to Hamilton (and got blacklisted by the NHL). I find it hard that the Coyotes without having a good owner for twenty years, will be able to find somebody who will want to put another expansion team back in Arizona in those five years. I 100% agree that Meurlo is not that bloke, he's shown himself as a backstabber thus far, but he's the only saving grace that the Coyotes fanbase has to get another team IMHO...even if all his plans and marketing are always way too good to be true...
Yeah, I get that the NHL desperately wants to be in that market, but the cold hard truth is that there is not a suitable owner there. If there was, Bettman would have found one. Instead, he got Meruelo, who is either too broke to pay his bills or too incompetent, take your pick. Meruelo mismanaged the team into a tiny college arena, then out of the market entirely.

I think it would be a big mistake for the NHL to attempt to go back into that market in 5 years, especially if Meruelo is involved. Like I said, I understand their eagerness, but they need to find a real owner FIRST. Rushing back in before they have that is just inviting a repeat of the last 20 embarrassing years of Arizona hockey. Maybe this time they should set the new franchise up for success instead of just throwing them into the deep end and assuming the size of the market will keep them afloat no matter how badly the business is managed.

Reactions: S E P H

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That's kinda weird. I guess they wanna go back and fail again sometime in the future.
To me, it is the concession to keep this out of the courtroom more than anything. If Mereulo pulls out the rabbit, so be it. If not, this was the best move.

That said… sometime in the next decade the NHL will be back.

Reactions: sethro109

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
If they go with Blizzard, I'd be upset. Venom would have a bunch of cool Jersey and logo options. Fury is just too vague.

Hockey clubs is just..... What the f*** is wrong with sports teams lately?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad