Around the League - 2023/24

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
If it's not an Avs player doing it, I don't want it happening. I know most posters here are hockey fans first, Avs 2nd. But not I.
I'm a hockey fan 2nd, and since it wouldn't have effected us it would have been fun. I can see where you're coming from though

Reactions: sethro109

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Very surprised that ESPN did not pick up Boston and Toronto, but I guess they went after NY Rangers first overall. Also, surprised that there are no ABC games on that Sunday.
I figured out how to cap this incredible season with the “cherry” on top.

That’s right.
Bring back the Don for playoffs baby.
This is my best idea since the Arizona dispersal draft SLC expansion draft.

Cherry, Biz nasty, Gretzky let’s gooooo
Yeah, I am going to admit and say that I miss Don. Total xenophobe no questions asked, but damn he was entertaining with his wild passionate hot takes when it came to hockey. Picturing him on TNT would be bonkers with Biz also on that show. No way they would do it lol. The piano desk video will never get old.
So Matthews failed to score 70?
I mean, he had 20 post shots this season as the bloke said on ESPN last night, could've easily scored 75-ish if he had like 5% better accuracy or luck.

Reactions: Chiarelli

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Yeah, I am going to admit and say that I miss Don. Total xenophobe no questions asked, but damn he was entertaining with his wild passionate hot takes when it came to hockey. Picturing him on TNT would be bonkers with Biz also on that show. No way they would do it lol. The piano desk video will never get old.
Meh. Coaches corner had long been going downhill. Only gave more air time to Ron McLean too. Now, having him make a random appearance on the panel with him and have to figure out how to pronounce Bieksa’s name or just watching Kevin react when he couldn’t would’ve been amusing

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I wouldn’t say holier than thou, but sometimes your takes do seem like they leave no room or possibility for redemption.

We are all imperfect, and we all make mistakes. But not all bad mistakes are made by bad people.

In the face of that, I believe there is something inside a lot of people, that drives them to evolve and grow through their mistakes.

But if we have a society where redemption is absent, and all we have is a harsh punitive posture, the result will be that people cannot learn from their mistakes, atone for them, become better people, make the world a better place, etc. Then we as people can neither grow nor evolve collectively or individually. At the very least, such a punitive position makes it all that much harder.
I totally get that. And I know people are tired of my takes on things like this. I won’t apologize for any of those takes though.

I don’t wish to prolong the debate though. He’s going to the NHL. End of story.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Just feels tacky that they handed Shane Doan his retired number banner. But…I suppose what the F else you gonna do with it.

Fitting that Alex Meruelo isn’t at Mullett tonight. No way in hell does the league actually want him to win that auction. They want to be done with that guy.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
The last time a player finished with such a big lead on his closest teammate in scoring? 2001.

A Russian player from a Florida team finished 55 points up on his closest teammate. A Canadian C for the Avs finished a mere second in scoring but still won the Hart.

And after a disappointing prior season that ended in game 7 heart break the Avs won the cup. There's so many parallels to 2001 its scary.

I really think if Georgiev plays like prime Patrick Roy the Avs can upset the Jets.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The last time a player finished with such a big lead on his closest teammate in scoring? 2001.

A Russian player from a Florida team finished 55 points up on his closest teammate. A Canadian C for the Avs finished a mere second in scoring but still won the Hart.

And after a disappointing prior season that ended in game 7 heart break the Avs won the cup. There's so many parallels to 2001 its scary.

I really think if Georgiev plays like prime Patrick Roy the Avs can upset the Jets.
Lol f*** you NEB

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They’re actually playing mariachi music in Dallas arena. That’s a first

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meh. Coaches corner had long been going downhill. Only gave more air time to Ron McLean too. Now, having him make a random appearance on the panel with him and have to figure out how to pronounce Bieksa’s name or just watching Kevin react when he couldn’t would’ve been amusing
All of the Canadian hockey media has been going downhill for what it's worth. Nobody on SN is interesting, Bieksa ain't bad, but just looking at him, you can tell he's a tool. Hrudey is such a chore to listen to as well. I do not mind Botterill by any means, but she's too vanilla and plays it safe.

TSN has also gotten significantly worse and that is not because of Bob leaving, O'Neill is probably the biggest clown out of either studio after Ron McLean. Duthie is a great host but thinks he's 70% funnier than he truly is, the bloke with the Hubble telescope specs is awful as well, and the rest of their intermission team is merely as average as SN. Now with that said, there are some solid personnel there including Dave Reid, Mark Roe, and I quite like Byran Mudryk as PBP. Plus they got Button, who's the only one who provides great intermission analysis.
Never thought I'd say this but I feel bad for them

I feel bad since they have had zero legitimate owners since their genesis, a scum bag current one, and zero success in their history overall. That is a recipe for failure from the very beginning. A lot of that came with awful expansion drafts, where the NHL is probably considering expansion due to finding a unique balance of making expansion teams competitive from the very start.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
They're not wrong, Utah sucks.

Blues could've made the playoffs but they went 0-5 against the Sharks and Blue Jackets this year :laugh:

Reactions: dahrougem2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad