Around the League - 2023/24

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
We’ll always fight that Denver isn’t a premier destination particularly for guys in their 20s (no matter how much guys love it later when they have families)
It will be California in 20 years if not sooner.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My complaints about Kroenke are limited to how they deal with facilities. The practice arena should have been done in 2019 and each time they update on it, they keep saying how it is out of their hands and point to the whole River Mile and adjacent projects that need done. It is a pure copout and ploy to move forward with a huge real estate project instead of giving the players what they really need. If the practice facility was a real priority, it would have been done a long time ago... and they could still put the shovels in the ground basically immediately if they wanted. This is a pattern for them.

Pretty much everything else, they stay out of the way and give enough of a budget.
I have a few more issues with some of their other actions, most notably the continued Altitude impasse. That just needs to END. NOW. But I agree, trying to parlay a f***ing practice rink into some huge development is just silly.

I know what you meant... I'm saying Denver says it, SLC says it, Boise says it, Phoenix says it, Vegas says it, etc. People have been saying this for decades too.

I haven't been to Boise in like 20 years but...they say that!!?!?!?

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
I have a few more issues with some of their other actions, most notably the continued Altitude impasse. That just needs to END. NOW. But I agree, trying to parlay a f***ing practice rink into some huge development is just silly.

My brother lives in Boise and he says the same things everyone else did when I lived in Denver

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
My brother lives in Boise and he says the same things everyone else did when I lived in Denver

Yup... Boise of all the places probably has the biggest point. That place has changed dramatically in the last 20 years. In the end, it is just a way for people to complain about migration and change, they just label it to California. Boise is pretty legit... if you like smaller cities that you can still escape, hard to beat it. I'll admit, it might be getting a bit too big for me... pushing a million in the metro area by the end of the decade isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

I'd 100% be behind Pueblo turning into Colorado's Monterey instead of being Colorado's Bakersfield.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I didn't think Green got a fair shake in Vancouver (he had effing Benning as a boss) but that definitely doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to get that team to the next level.
He's not the guy for them IMO. Another year of missing the playoffs ahead.

It's a small sample size but as someone who just spent the last few days in Toronto while the Leafs were being eliminated, I can assure Mitch the people there do not look at him like a God. Hilarious quote.
That part of the quote is way out of context to the reply. Similar to:

• Haha
Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Should have the best team and most favourable matchups. That alone should yield better than 1/11 and counting imo
I mean not that this is an exact science with MoneyPuck, but 2 months ago the teams with the best odds were 11.2% and 11.7% to win the cup. 1/11 isn’t really that far off the odds the two best teams have at winning a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad