Around the League - 2023/24

Chokabloc

Nov 25, 2021
NJ
I don't care that the Lou is the member of two Halls of Fame and has multiple Cup rings and a stellar reputations as one of the best builders in hockey history. If any GM signed a player like Mayfield to that contract, I'd fire him the next day. And the worst part is that Mayfield has gone pillow soft (at least he is whenever I see him play) since signing that deal.
We just hate those guys who play on a broken/fractured ankle the entire season just to benefit the team. Soft as pillows for sure...............

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We just hate those guys who play on a broken/fractured ankle the entire season just to benefit the team. Soft as pillows for sure...............
You come in here just to defend the honor of one third pairing defenseman? :laugh:

And it's not just me saying that, at least one Isles fan I know thinks he's gone soft since signing that megadeal.

I've seen multiple instances where he gets bumped out of the slot and skates waaaaaay out of position like he was a kid on a sled going downhill. No idea what the hell that is, but it sure as hell ain't holding your ground as a 6'4"/205lb defender. I don't buy that a broken ankle caused that.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Man there are some teams in real freefall since the deadline, some even before that.

The Kraken have essentially imploded, the Ducks have gone from a promising start to bad to outright atrocious over the course of the season, the Jackets are...well, I have more thoughts coming about them and their f***ing clown of a coach later. The Coyotes went dead the moment their future in Arizona came under intense scrutiny.

Also, according to a chart I just saw (I'll try and post it later) the Sharks are projected to reach 50 points. That sucks. Was really hoping one of these shit teams could take the Avs off the proverbial hook.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Coyotes went dead the moment their future in Arizona came under intense scrutiny.
That one is pretty bad, it sucks for them.

The other teams that you mentioned are either rebuilding (Ducks, Sharks) or are bad because mismanaged (CBJ)

Sens and Sabres are once again the biggest disappointments this year though.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That one is pretty bad, it sucks for them.

The other teams that you mentioned are either rebuilding (Ducks, Sharks) or are bad because mismanaged (CBJ)

Sens and Sabres are once again the biggest disappointments this year though.
Agreed on all fronts. I still think the Ducks expected more, they at least started out okay and then the bottom dropped out. I'm still waiting to see if Verbeek is a good GM. He's not working for a great owner and still has a horrid mess left by Murray to clean up, but I still find some of his moves very curious. And my GOD just move the f*** on from Gibson already, Fowler too.

Rotten, dirty hit from one of the most rotten, dirty players in the league. McNabb was really feelin' it in that game. f*** him, and f*** the Knights.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Rotten, dirty hit from one of the most rotten, dirty players in the league. McNabb was really feelin' it in that game. f*** him, and f*** the Knights.
Add that to the pile of reasons why facing Vegas in round 1 is bad.

Last edited:

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017

giphy.gif

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
After 20 minutes, Ottawa leading Buffalo 5-0.

Byram: 2 penalties and -2

Rough night for Bo and the unstructured Sabres so far.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
At least the blame can be evenly distributed

More on the others really. Byram hasn't been to blame for the goals so far.

First goal was a soft one that squeeked through Luukonen. The other was on Dahlin for getting puck focused, and leaving the front of the net, but missing the puck and leaving his man wide open.

The two penalties were fair for the most part. The first penalty was legit interference, but not much of a hit. Crookshank just weighs like 150 lbs and wasn't braced for it. The second penalty was a weak slashing call, and it was seconds after Katchouk stuck his knee out to hit Bo in the neutral zone.

Actually when I watch the Sabres, the reason for the goals against are usually either a soft goal, Dhalin or Power with poor defense, or the forwards just leaving guys wide open all over the ice. They're just not a good team unfortunately. They need a coach to teach them good fundamental hockey.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I dont fear any other team in the west (but i respect them!) You want to win the cup, you have to beat everyone standing in your way.

I dont care if its Vegas in Round 1.

The way the AVS are playing since the Deadline and the chemistry which is coming more and more, every other team in the west should be afraid to face us.

Or in the words of Darryl Sutter :D:

We need to hire Darryl Sutter. He seems to know what he is talking about.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Nashville is that same team this year to Seattle that I don’t wanna play 1c in ROR, although not elite. 1d in josi, elite winger in forseberg, 1g in saros. And some good depth playing really well.

Yeah, you can't underestimate them. Just like Florida last season. If teams go for a run, who knows what happens. I rather play someone who is on a shitty form. Not on a form of a lifetime.

Reactions: lionsDen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad