Around the League - 2023/24

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think the weirdest thing I'm most excited to see is Laine at center. Everything says it should be a colossal failure, but if it works and gets that lazy F motivated...
He sounds motivated which is good at least. I also drafted him in fantasy which means he’s either going to completely pop off and be a top 20 fantasy player or be on waivers in 2 weeks :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He sounds motivated which is good at least. I also drafted him in fantasy which means he’s either going to completely pop off and be a top 20 fantasy player or be on waivers in 2 weeks :laugh:
I honestly feel like each preseason Laine is 'motivated' and saying the right things... but after my hand has been burned 7 times by the flame, I finally have accepted that fire is hot and it may burn me... though I'm 100% going to reach in one more time to make sure.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I honestly feel like each preseason Laine is 'motivated' and saying the right things... but after my hand has been burned 7 times by the flame, I finally have accepted that fire is hot and it may burn me... though I'm 100% going to reach in one more time to make sure.
How did you access my inner dialogue while drafting Laine?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How did you access my inner dialogue while drafting Laine?
tumblr_lvtqbfghn01r522e3o1_500.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
One more I can't wait to see thing... Samoskevich-Lundell-Reinhart as a line. Panthers have a real knack for drafting some of my favs and that could be the best third line in the league.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I still cannot believe to this day Avs with Hepple had Laine over Matthews. I simply cannot wrap my head around that...
He wasn't alone. Laine so far has been nothing but a total waste of elite talent.

The guy was supposed to be the shit...and quite frankly he was the shit as a rookie but then things went sideways and eventually he got unlucky with injuries.

He also had the misfortune of playing in the 2 least attractive markets in the NHL.

It's just unfortunate that he was never given a good center and allowed to play like Ovi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad