Oilers finish:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
At this point, I don't mind LA winning, so long as we win as well. It keeps Vegas competing for the Wildcard spots, and we get home ice advantage against LA. If we SOMEHOW catch Vancouver, my only hope is Vegas is eliminated, OR, they beat LA for the 3rd spot. Either way, doesn't bother me one bit.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
At this point, I don't mind LA winning, so long as we win as well. It keeps Vegas competing for the Wildcard spots, and we get home ice advantage against LA. If we SOMEHOW catch Vancouver, my only hope is Vegas is eliminated, OR, they beat LA for the 3rd spot. Either way, doesn't bother me one bit.

Whenever I see an Oiler win combined with a Kings win and a Knights loss on the OOT I am happy.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Weird play, he whacks him pretty good with the stick, looks to be intentional, and then seems to hug him and say he’s sorry. Or who knows what he’s actually telling him. Probably gets 6 games.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Weird play, he whacks him pretty good with the stick, looks to be intentional, and then seems to hug him and say he’s sorry. Or who knows what he’s actually telling him. Probably gets 6 games.

I think that’s one of those moments when you lose your cool and regret it immediately after. This is an extreme case of it though haha that would hurt.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Has PLD really been a horse in the playoffs? Aside from his breakout year in Columbus he's mostly been a bit of a disaster defensively 5 vs 5 in the playoffs. He was a -8 5 vs 5 in 12 playoff games in Winnipeg.

I doubt that Winnipeg has a lot of buyer's remorse on that deal Dubois was an extremely frustrating guy for them His effort level was so inconsistent.
First, the last playoffs is predicated on Winnipeg jets having no chance against Vegas and being steamrolled, as a team. Dubois GA merely reflecting that. Jets were outgunned and outmatched against Vegas. So were certain starring Oilers. Still, Dubois was one of the more productive Jets in the series.

Aside from that Dubois scored 55G in last two seasons for the jets. Nothing to sneeze at and goal scorers have inate value. When they happen to be large physical Centers that skate well and hit like a mack truck even more value. Even the broadcast last night called him a heat seeking missile. I watch the Kings games. Dubois is most likely of any King to lay a hurting hit on a top player that turns the game. Like he did destroying Jack Hughes in the Jersey game.

Winnipeg essentially for him right now has Iafallo in the lineup. Well Kupari, but not even worth mentioning. Villardi is plagued with one thing or another including serious back issues that he's struggled with his whole career. LA got a power forward Center that they signed for a longterm contract. Winnipeg get a Villardo who may not even be in hockey in a year or two.

My opinion would change if Villardi was able to play many games. He's a very good player. But he's never been regularly healthy.

Reactions: Butsy Erickson

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
First, the last playoffs is predicated on Winnipeg jets having no chance against Vegas and being steamrolled, as a team. Dubois GA merely reflecting that. Jets were outgunned and outmatched against Vegas. So were certain starring Oilers. Still, Dubois was one of the more productive Jets in the series.

Aside from that Dubois scored 55G in last two seasons for the jets. Nothing to sneeze at and goal scorers have inate value. When they happen to be large physical Centers that skate well and hit like a mack truck even more value. Even the broadcast last night called him a heat seeking missile. I watch the Kings games. Dubois is most likely of any King to lay a hurting hit on a top player that turns the game. Like he did destroying Jack Hughes in the Jersey game.

Winnipeg essentially for him right now has Iafallo in the lineup. Well Kupari, but not even worth mentioning. Villardi is plagued with one thing or another including serious back issues that he's struggled with his whole career. LA got a power forward Center that they signed for a longterm contract. Winnipeg get a Villardo who may not even be in hockey in a year or two.

My opinion would change if Villardi was able to play many games. He's a very good player. But he's never been regularly healthy.
I agree that Vilardi's health is a key to that trade, When he is healthy I think it is a clear win for Winnipeg. BUt I suspect that Winnipeg would have no interest in taking back that trade.

As to the playoffs, whether it was a reflection of Winnipeg being overmatched or not does not change the fact that PDL did not fare all that well last year in the playoffs or in fact in either year in Winnipeg. Is he capable of being a difference maker? Sure, he's talented and big. But his problem has always been consistency. Iafallo was good both years vs the Oilers and Vilardi was solid last year. So PLD has big shoes to fill to compensate for losing both.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I agree that Vilardi's health is a key to that trade, When he is healthy I think it is a clear win for Winnipeg. BUt I suspect that Winnipeg would have no interest in taking back that trade.

As to the playoffs, whether it was a reflection of Winnipeg being overmatched or not does not change the fact that PDL did not fare all that well last year in the playoffs or in fact in either year in Winnipeg. Is he capable of being a difference maker? Sure, he's talented and big. But his problem has always been consistency. Iafallo was good both years vs the Oilers and Vilardi was solid last year. So PLD has big shoes to fill to compensate for losing both.
Villardi LA playoff career matches his regular season history. In that he missed half the games out injured. The whole problem with him. He misses as many games as he plays. Kings got tired of that as I stated.

Like I say Iafallo role has already been filled by cheap Laferriere who is doing well enough even in first year. Not inconsequently the player the Kings have tasked with centering Laferriere is Dubois. He's been with him a lot. Trades are generally evaluated on who got the one best player in the trade. Due to health that would be Dubois.

I've followed Dubois career. Inconsistency? Many players have that. Many premium players have that. Most fans despise PLD due to his actions in Columbus wanting out of there. Same thing Jeff Carter did and he was vitriolized for it too, for years. Carter was being derided as a jack ass inconsistent player even AFTER the LA cup wins which he was a significant part of. Dubois and Carter just seem to be personalities that fans hate. Not surprisingly I don't mind players that have an edge to them and that are not timid about voicing their concerns. Including Draisaitl.

Dubois is a still young Center, clearly a power forward Center that has hit for 60pt seasons 3X already while playing on far less from perfect teams. For the Kings having Centers like Kopitar, Danault, Dubois is a strength. That Kings are tasking Dubois with the harder job of playing with bottomsix players is interesting. At some point that will fall to Danault.

Anyway disclosure that I love big power forward centers that skate well and hit that can score. So I'm predisposed to liking a Center with Dubois intangibles.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Just wait until Campbell wins the Conn Smythe this season :sarcasm:
IMG_0932.jpeg

Edit: I’m technologically illiterate so I made it backwards like a dyslexic.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Villardi LA playoff career matches his regular season history. In that he missed half the games out injured. The whole problem with him. He misses as many games as he plays. Kings got tired of that as I stated.

Like I say Iafallo role has already been filled by cheap Laferriere who is doing well enough even in first year. Not inconsequently the player the Kings have tasked with centering Laferriere is Dubois. He's been with him a lot. Trades are generally evaluated on who got the one best player in the trade. Due to health that would be Dubois.

I've followed Dubois career. Inconsistency? Many players have that. Many premium players have that. Most fans despise PLD due to his actions in Columbus wanting out of there. Same thing Jeff Carter did and he was vitriolized for it too, for years. Carter was being derided as a jack ass inconsistent player even AFTER the LA cup wins which he was a significant part of. Dubois and Carter just seem to be personalities that fans hate. Not surprisingly I don't mind players that have an edge to them and that are not timid about voicing their concerns. Including Draisaitl.

Dubois is a still young Center, clearly a power forward Center that has hit for 60pt seasons 3X already while playing on far less from perfect teams. For the Kings having Centers like Kopitar, Danault, Dubois is a strength. That Kings are tasking Dubois with the harder job of playing with bottomsix players is interesting. At some point that will fall to Danault.

Anyway disclosure that I love big power forward centers that skate well and hit that can score. So I'm predisposed to liking a Center with Dubois intangibles.
I don't disagree with anything you say concerning PLD's skill or potential. I simply disagreed with your assessment that he has a strong playoff record. He may well have an impact in this year's playoffs. But he has not really done so in the past outside of one year in CBJ.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Guy is an irritating SOB, but would love him on my team.

Loved him making little Mitchie his beotch.

I don't disagree with anything you say concerning PLD's skill or potential. I simply disagreed with your assessment that he has a strong playoff record. He may well have an impact in this year's playoffs. But he has not really done so in the past outside of one year in CBJ.
He was really good in last years playoffs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Bedard is such a little wiener. Hooks opponent with stick, so obvious his stick was caught in opponent, and he's bitching and yelling about the call for a minute. Man give him a double. Ducks score and 3-0 against the Black and Blue losers.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
the Predators have the same amount of point as Oilers now. Pretty crazy run theyve gone on.
actually we are 2 points up and have 3 games in hand on them. And I would say the run we had was much crazier to rise from the ashes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad