GDT: Around the League 2023-24 Volume 4: Stretch Drive Edition

Oilers finish:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Minny are a danger to Kings too. All the teams have to take care of their own business. Kings-Wild game has the intensity of a playoff match. Hammering hits, board rattling and fights already. Minny are dirty and was all know LA can be.

Kings approaching this as a big 4pt game which it is. Vegas would be least of their thoughts.
I wasn’t being serious lol.

But everybody wins if Vegas is out. Everybody.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Gonna say it too. Wild are the dirtiest team around. The danger playing them in first round would be who they injure. Vicious slashes in this game from the usual Minnesota criminals. Hartman leading the way. Coaching changes but you can't take the trash out of this Wild dog. Just seems in their DNA to play dirty. Kings gonna start putting Kaprisov through boards if this continues.

I wasn’t being serious lol.

But everybody wins if Vegas is out. Everybody.
my bad.

Agreed on the latter anyway, but as bad as Vegas are playing they could still be caught. Plenty of opportunity for that to happen.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Game isn't over anyway. Worst lead in hockey for Kings is 3 or more goals. We've seen that movie before. McLelland would have them going into prevent for rest of game, lol. Not sure if this coach is so different. If Minny finds the next goal could be a game still.

Kempe playing like trash. Hartman should slash him some more. Take the trade off and give both game misconducts, lol Whole first line for Kings is junk tonight throwing puck away.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Gonna say it too. Wild are the dirtiest team around. The danger playing them in first round would be who they injure. Vicious slashes in this game from the usual Minnesota criminals. Hartman leading the way. Coaching changes but you can't take the trash out of this Wild dog. Just seems in their DNA to play dirty. Kings gonna start putting Kaprisov through boards if this continues.

my bad.

Agreed on the latter anyway, but as bad as Vegas are playing they could still be caught. Plenty of opportunity for that to happen.

Hartman is a piece of f***ing shit. There is no way to sugar coat it.

Nick Cousins seems to be wearing the current “Matt Cook Crown.” As in the guy that even media don’t hesitate to publicly call out as garbage. Maybe I haven’t watched enough Cousins, but I think Hartman puts him to shame.

His hit on Ehlers late last year still pisses me off thinking about it, and I also am not fond of Ehlers or the Jets. One of the most egregious cases of a pre-meditated attempt to injure that I’ve seen in at least the last 15 years, but naturally the NHL just slapped him on the wrist and went on their merry way.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

my bad.

I will say that Adin Hill is starting to turn into a bit of a pumpkin lately.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wonder if he will come down with something and LTIRetire. Although the Knights were at least not dumb enough to give him 5 years. Sigh

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hartman is a piece of f***ing shit. There is no way to sugar coat it.

Nick Cousins seems to be wearing the current “Matt Cook Crown.” As in the guy that even media don’t hesitate to publicly call out as garbage. Maybe I haven’t watched enough Cousins, but I think Hartman puts him to shame.

His hit on Ehlers late last year still pisses me off thinking about it, and I also am not fond of Ehlers or the Jets. One of the most egregious cases of a pre-meditated attempt to injure that I’ve seen in at least the last 15 years, but naturally the NHL just slapped him on the wrist and went on their merry way.
Score 5-0 so Foligno just runs Rittich. I mean not just following puck in he smashes Rittich in net. I'm OK with it because its Rittich but how is that not a game misconduct? He put shoulder into it any everything. he had one intent to injure the goalie. This is what the Wild are. Hartman has alays been a pos as well.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
LA outscoring Wild 13-3 in their 2 meetings so far.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Minnesota getting drubbed. Well partially Fleury being terrible too.
Kings deserving of it though. Just owning the forecheck and Wild have no answer for it. Kings comign in waves with puck pressure. Arviddson back, makes such a pace and skill difference. Kempe, Byfield might be having their worst games of the year and this drubbing is happening.

I dunno, I hope the Oilers pass Nucks. I'm not in love with the idea of playing Kings first round this season. Sure goaltending is iffy but Kings don't give up a ton either. Kings have solid own zone structure.

LA outscoring Wild 13-3 in their 2 meetings so far.
Wild try to play a physical game and run the other team out. That just don't work on the Kings. Wild don't have the talent to be playing this sort of team. Deserves to be said Wild have a team that is barely playoff caliber if that. They are not that good.

Of course Kaprisov invisible in a big boy game but after him what do they even got? You look at this Wild lineup and you wonder who is even supposed to score. Minny fans sure have had a shitty deal in the NHl. Not ever been much to cheer for. Its like the US version of Winnipeg.

Reactions: Valhallis

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think the lack of run support getting to him as well. Quite a few knights games where if you let in even 3 the Knights are losing or in trouble. Doesn't help that the Knights typically don't get much offense going till 3rd periods.

Strangest thing is how Knights SC is bookmarked by two pretty shit seasons. They look tired and slow.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Kings deserving of it though. Just owning the forecheck and Wild have no answer for it. Kings comign in waves with puck pressure. Arviddson back, makes such a pace and skill difference. Kempe, Byfield might be having their worst games of the year and this drubbing is happening.

I dunno, I hope the Oilers pass Nucks. I'm not in love with the idea of playing Kings first round this season. Sure goaltending is iffy but Kings don't give up a ton either. Kings have solid own zone structure.

Wild try to play a physical game and run the other team out. That just don't work on the Kings. Wild don't have the talent to be playing this sort of team. Deserves to be said Wild have a team that is barely playoff caliber if that. They are not that good.

Of course Kaprisov invisible in a big boy game but after him what do they even got? You look at this Wild lineup and you wonder who is even supposed to score. Minny fans sure have had a shitty deal in the NHl. Not ever been much to cheer for. Its like the US version of Winnipeg.
Oilers have been close to being eliminated by the Kings the past two years. They are a tough out even with a junk goalie. But honestly, there are no real easy outs at this point.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers have been close to being eliminated by the Kings the past two years. They are a tough out even with a junk goalie. But honestly, there are no real easy outs at this point.
Well Calgary is clearly missing playoffs so....

heh

Nashville would be my pick. Oilers smash them pretty well. But would be pretty hard for the Oilers to finish first in conference. Too bad.

If we finish first we get Vegas likely, if we stay where we are its LA.

EC playoffs would be easier.. just saying.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Well Calgary is clearly missing playoffs so....

heh

Nashville would be my pick. Oilers smash them pretty well. But would be pretty hard for the Oilers to finish first in conference. Too bad.

If we finish first we get Vegas likely, if we stay where we are its LA.

EC playoffs would be easier.. just saying.
Even Nashville isn’t as much of a pushover as the past. The new coach has them playing fast and aggressive. Don’t get me wrong though… I still think they are the easiest matchup in the west.

Some good teams are going to lose in the first round in the west.

And yes, the EC wildcard is a joke. The metro in general is pathetic.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
6 goals for LA and not a single point for Dubois.

That contract is gonna be pure oof if he doesn't get going. LA might already be having buyer's remorse.
5pts in the last 3 games before this one. Unfortunately PLD is going, and he's a horse in playoffs. Kings have him parked mostly with bottomsix players most of the season. This has allowed the top two Kings lines to be stacked. Its rare for a club to put the new Center with bottom players but overall its allowed the Kings to have better success on topsix. Similar to how things work when Nuge is dropped down in our lineup. However PLD hits like a mack truck and is solid along the boards. Hes built for playoffs.

Buyers remorse? Thats whats happening with Winnipeg now with Villardi out longterm, yet again, with not even a timeline of return. They also got Kupari who is an abject bust. Iafallo has already been replaced by Laferriere. Kings obtained the best asset in the trade.

The contract price is the issue. But as capspace appreciates as expected the price becomes less of a concern. its a long play for LA.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
5pts in the last 3 games before this one. Unfortunately PLD is going, and he's a horse in playoffs. Kings have him parked mostly with bottomsix players most of the season. This has allowed the top two Kings lines to be stacked. Its rare for a club to put the new Center with bottom players but overall its allowed the Kings to have better success on topsix. Similar to how things work when Nuge is dropped down in our lineup. However PLD hits like a mack truck and is solid along the boards. Hes built for playoffs.

Buyers remorse? Thats whats happening with Winnipeg now with Villardi out longterm, yet again, with not even a timeline of return. They also got Kupari who is an abject bust. Iafallo has already been replaced by Laferriere. Kings obtained the best asset in the trade.

The contract price is the issue. But as capspace appreciates as expected the price becomes less of a concern. its a long play for LA.
Has PLD really been a horse in the playoffs? Aside from his breakout year in Columbus he's mostly been a bit of a disaster defensively 5 vs 5 in the playoffs. He was a -8 5 vs 5 in 12 playoff games in Winnipeg.

I doubt that Winnipeg has a lot of buyer's remorse on that deal Dubois was an extremely frustrating guy for them His effort level was so inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad