GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Didn’t make sense for Hall either to go for a Cup on a team with both top 6 centers on the way out. But Boston found a way. Their wooing of Hall was a 2 year project that finally got him signed.

I agree that in Drais best interests to Win it would be with Edmonton. But i still think there’s a non zero threat of Boston swooping in.

Yeh they made their bed when they got greedy and stole Pajama boy from NYI. Love to see it.

Lol. Babcock gets his revenge.
I think Mitchie was the one that Babcock made cry before he got fired.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Listening to the Leaf's after game show it seems pretty clear that the guy they want gone is Marner. But they also think that they will get an elite defenseman in return. List the top 30 defensemen in the league right now and ask how many of those guys would be traded for Mitch Marner knowing that he will be looking for $13M on a long term deal after this year.
Seeing Marner poop his pants playoff year after playoff year, I'm not sure if any team wants to give up the farm for him.

UHHHH SON

Sep 29, 2010
Toronto media can create any narrative. “Toronto faces best goalie stats in playoffs, this season”

Good argument, however, “Toronto can’t score any playoff goals” may be a better argument. Pumping up the goaltending stats.

Toronto and Boston had some of the least regulation wins this year out of the playoff teams. It’s no surprise it took them to game 7 OT to decide the series.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Toronto media can create any narrative. “Toronto faces best goalie stats in playoffs, this season”

Good argument, however, “Toronto can’t score any playoff goals” may be a better argument. Pumping up the goaltending stats.

Toronto and Boston had some of the least regulation wins this year out of the playoff teams. It’s no surprise it took them to game 7 OT to decide the series.
Every year it’s the same thing, their stars don’t show up.

I said it before but that last leaf game where they rested no one and played Matthews 22+ minutes just to get him 70 goals told us everything we needed to know. Their minds weren’t completely in it. Then they start the playoffs with injury issues and are like “woe is me”.

UHHHH SON

Sep 29, 2010
Every year it’s the same thing, their stars don’t show up.

I said it before but that last leaf game where they rested no one and played Matthews 22+ minutes just to get him 70 goals told us everything we needed to know. Their minds weren’t completely in it. Then they start the playoffs with injury issues and are like “woe is me”.
Unfortunately chasing that caused Nylander to miss time. Even more what ifs to torture the fan base.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Who f***ing votes on these things. Matthews is as much a Selke Trophy nominee as Ronald McDonald. The Leaf media probably nominated him for the Norris as well. Laughable but then this league has no credibility left anyway.

Imagine if he won it.

Total WTF

But then again, these media vote trophies are more or less a complete farce nowadays anyhow

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Who f***ing votes on these things. Matthews is as much a Selke Trophy nominee as Ronald McDonald. The Leaf media probably nominated him for the Norris as well. Laughable but then this league has no credibility left anyway.

Considering Matthews' and Marner's fully earned reputation for elite defence, it's a wonder how teams keep managing to make their defence and goalies look like pylons.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
IMG_0327.jpeg

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
The Oilers have won a series over the Bruins more recently than the Leafs and we haven’t played them in 34 years.

This stat is extremely funny!
TY Keith

Remember last week when he said Skinner needed to stay in his net on that fluke stanchion-bounce goal? I've been paying attention to those dump ins in other games since and every goalie leaves the net to play them. I think Hrudey genuinely doesn't understand modern goaltending.

Yup
He never left his crease when he played because his bandana got in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad