GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I need the Canucks to keep winning because the Blue Jays are a f***ing tragedy.

I have zero idea how people invest so much time into more than one sport. Sure, I played basketball, soccer, baseball, pretty much every sport other than football…but id much rather be playing than watching.

So, na na na na boo boo I suppose lol. But hopefully the boys can give you something tonight. Go Canucks Go!

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Hot_dog_at_costco_%289384083370%29.jpg

Too bad we didn't sign Phil Kessel. I had so many memes ready to go
Grab a dog before the watch party tonight... Great combination!

Reactions: Jack Burton

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I have zero idea how people invest so much time into more than one sport. Sure, I played basketball, soccer, baseball, pretty much every sport other than football…but id much rather be playing than watching.

So, na na na na boo boo I suppose lol. But hopefully the boys can give you something tonight. Go Canucks Go!

If I could walk for 5 minutes without wanting to cut my legs off, I would be playing sports too.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think a big part of it is probably recovery. You’re never going to feel the same at 35 after a physical beating as you did at 25 no matter how good of shape you’re in.

I am 31 and I am very much not how I was at 21. I really do think all the high-impact got to my knees and back.

If I could walk for 5 minutes without wanting to cut my legs off, I would be playing sports too.
Yeah, Playing is fine for me. It’s afterwards that’s killer. I think I got away from actually physical limberity because I was a kid and just said send it I’ll be fine and I’m finally at the age where I can’t give it no thought.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm 34 this year and I'm probably in the same level of shape as a 25 year old who goes to the gym 3 or 4 days a week. It's mind-boggling go consider that you're essentially an old man if you're a pro athlete.

If you play any high-level contact sports your body breaks down fast, especially joints. Look at the lifespan of running backs in the NFL. They’re largely broken before 30. That’s probably the most extreme example, but even guys who play NHL are probably in a sub-1% physical profile, and have to be lucky enough not to suffer debilitating injury at some point in their careers.

Last edited:

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I hate Saturday night hockey. I'm always working on Saturdays!!

That said, I'll be having the radio on (maybe a stream if I'm lucky?) and cheering loud! Let's go, boys! Finish them!

Wait what, lmao, I thought today was Sunday for some reason. 🙃

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
What is interesting is that some players play through nagging injuries and because the playoffs are so long, they heal and recover while they continue to play.

Case in point Lindholm.

Reactions: Lindgren

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Cup or bust for the Oilers. Make them a bust. The past two post seasons a backup beat the Oilers. Show these punks they're getting worse and now even losing to an AHL goalie.

No disrespect to Silovs since he's played well.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I still can't get over that Edmonton is going to start Skinner but I guess this is the world we live in where feelings override that facts.
We better be ready as the Oilers are going to come out flying and they are going to give us all we can handle + more. Keep it together boys and play that perfect road game....Lets gooooooooo!!!!!!

is everyone nervous or confident for the team in closing this out or oilers are gonna fight every inch and claw their way back for a game 7??

giphy.gif

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Big thing is my wife comes from a big baseball family so she just likes having it on and it’s something we can enjoy together. The other is baseball is easy to have on in the background and is mostly played when hockey isn’t on.

When the Canucks were trash, I watched Raptors games but once they won the title I was done.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
To be fair, Skinner played some very good hockey vs LAK. Now he's coming in rested and presumably had a reset mentally. Pickard on the other hand hadn't played 2 games in a row before GMs 4 and 5.

Gonna have to earn that 4th W. I don't expect Skinner will just hand it to us, as sweet as that would be.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019

As far as I can tell, the Oilers didn't practice yesterday and didn't practice today. I have no idea what to make of that. I know when the Canucks have an optional skate after a loss, every player attends unless injured.

Rumors of the flu bug working its way through the room. Don't think it's a barometer of team enthusiasm.

Reactions: Reverend Mayhem

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Mentioned elsewhere, but heard Seravelli repeat what he said on the Preds/Canucks series: “Well no matter who wins they’re getting steamrolled in the next round.” You think he’d learn after the last one. And that’s not to say the Canucks are going to win, an equally stupid thing to say about the Oilers.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Rumors of the flu bug working its way through the room. Don't think it's a barometer of team enthusiasm.

Seems as though they're piling the excuses like sandbags. Love to see it.

But PDO
But injuries
But officiating
But Gillis ( :sarcasm: )

I don't have a great feeling about tonight's game, but we'll see where it goes, I guess.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I know it’s asking for a lot but I really hope McDavid doesn’t dive in this one and if he does I hope the refs aren’t stupid enough to fall for it yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad