GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
And all these fired coaches will end up with NHL jobs next year.
I don't know about Hakstol and Granato getting head coaching jobs in NHL next year.

Ruff already has one, lol.

Maybe Todd becomes Jay's assistant in San Jose. Wouldn't that be something

Reactions: RegDunlop

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Call me crazy, but I think there is still some track left in the Canucks/Predators series and isn't over yet. IMO the Canucks haven't been the better team in any of their wins so far except arguably Game 1, and that's still arguable.

Game 1 - Predators better team, blew it with a combo of Saros sucking and a momentary blunder

Game 3 - Predators had complete control until McCarron decided to effectively score in his own net with one of the dumbest penalties I've ever seen. Uphill from there.

Game 4 - Total control by the Preds, momentary blow up like Game 1

Predators have the better goaltending, have had the better run of play, and are a grimy team that has been resilient all year. They could easily push this 7.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Call me crazy, but I think there is still some track left in the Canucks/Predators series and isn't over yet. IMO the Canucks haven't been the better team in any of their wins so far except arguably Game 1, and that's still arguable.

Game 1 - Predators better team, blew it with a combo of Saros sucking and a momentary blunder

Game 3 - Predators had complete control until McCarron decided to effectively score in his own net with one of the dumbest penalties I've ever seen. Uphill from there.

Game 4 - Total control by the Preds, momentary blow up like Game 1

Predators have the better goaltending, have had the better run of play, and are a grimy team that has been resilient all year. They could easily push this 7.
you're crazy ;)

blowing that game was a gut-punch....kind of like how the Kings never recovered from the Oilers coming back on them in Game 4 last year IMO

Cucks have been underwhelming in this series, but the Preds have managed to be worse

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
What difference does that make. Her buddy is mocking the league and she knows they’re cheating :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

f*** Vegas. I never thought I’d hate a team more than the Flames or Leafs.

I'm just saying if I was in her shoes, it wouldn't be hard for that guy in the Jersey to walk past me and take a picture. We don't know that they are buddies or that she's not being targeted for likes. I hate this age of Instagram and tik tok.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Interesting fact. Mark Stone and Cody Ceci are brother in laws, they’re married to sisters.

As for Vegas and their players, families and fans they are just trolling about it but I think karma is going to slap them down. They stacked their team this year and are still looking mediocre and moving forward I’m betting that organization experiences a pretty steep decline in the coming years and they’ll end up a middling team with an empty pipeline at which point they’ll become irrelevant in Vegas. Their fans have been spoiled with a team that’s gone on deep playoff runs basically since inception and Vegas seems like the kind of town where if they aren’t winning people won’t care about it.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Interesting fact. Mark Stone and Cody Ceci are brother in laws, they’re married to sisters.

As for Vegas and their players, families and fans they are just trolling about it but I think karma is going to slap them down. They stacked their team this year and are still looking mediocre and moving forward I’m betting that organization experiences a pretty steep decline in the coming years and they’ll end up a middling team with an empty pipeline at which point they’ll become irrelevant in Vegas. Their fans have been spoiled with a team that’s gone on deep playoff runs basically since inception and Vegas seems like the kind of town where if they aren’t winning people won’t care about it.

Sadly I think they are uniquely positioned to not have to care about the draft. Anytime any player of note is on the block they can just trade for them because they are on no players NMC list, are a desirable location, and they can get players at discounted value because they are one of the "I'll only waive to go to X" teams.

They can just deal their first for whichever sexy name hits the block every 2-3 years like they have done so far with Stone, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Eichel, Hertl, Pacioretty, etc, etc.

IMO this is a bigger competitive issue than LTIR (teams in attractive low tax markets that avoid all NMC lists), but the headline gets buried.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
That said I could see them moving Marner for defense and futures and then using the savings to sign Stamkos. Depending on the return for Marner it might not be a bad move with Tavares almost done.
Yes, that would be the one situation where that would make sense, if they are to move one of the core guys. Gonna be an interesting summer in Leafland if they lose this series.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I'm just saying if I was in her shoes, it wouldn't be hard for that guy in the Jersey to walk past me and take a picture. We don't know that they are buddies or that she's not being targeted for likes. I hate this age of Instagram and tik tok.
Agreed-- cameras are everywhere these days but that's not necessarily a positive. I miss the privacy of bygone years.

As for Stone and the LTIR issue, I wish people would stop blaming the Knights for taking advantage of the rules. Blame the league for allowing it. If you don't provide clarity and close all loopholes then some people will take advantage of it.

Reactions: joestevens29

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

But let’s give that same owner first dibs on an expansion team in Arizona. What could possibly go wrong.

Based on my layman's understanding of what he has to do to meet the condition along with some tidbits from Friedman it sounds like that ROFR is essentially dead on arrival. Works as a signal to league owners that they won't be unceremoniously punted if circumstances put them in a difficult position in their market, but is tailored in a way to get the result the league wants (no Morelo).

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Lol are we looking at the same picture?

Yep same picture. It would be really easy to walk beside someone and take a picture. Her back is basically facing the camera and shes holding a soda. Thes not really "posing" for the camera.

The guy who tweeted out the picture is clearly the same guy in the picture - he has the same dumb moustache. It's very easy to set these things up and then give it the narrative. you want to try and get likes and hits.

Like the guy in Edmonton with the Darnell Nurse Jersey that says "Nine Point" then 25 as the number could walk up beside Sarah Nurse and get a picture taken.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Based on my layman's understanding of what he has to do to meet the condition along with some tidbits from Friedman it sounds like that ROFR is essentially dead on arrival. Works as a signal to league owners that they won't be unceremoniously punted if circumstances put them in a difficult position in their market, but is tailored in a way to get the result the league wants (no Morelo).
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my years watching this league operate, especially with the cast of crazy characters they have approved as owners in the past, is that I never trust them to do the right thing. The cockroach is never dead in this league.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yep same picture. It would be really easy to walk beside someone and take a picture. Her back is basically facing the camera and shes holding a soda. Thes not really "posing" for the camera.

The guy who tweeted out the picture is clearly the same guy in the picture - he has the same dumb moustache. It's very easy to set these things up and then give it the narrative. you want to try and get likes and hits.

Like the guy in Edmonton with the Darnell Nurse Jersey that says "Nine Point" then 25 as the number could walk up beside Sarah Nurse and get a picture taken.
Pretty obvious she is smiling for the camera and noticed what was on the back.

Pointless argument though, agree to disagree.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Sadly I think they are uniquely positioned to not have to care about the draft. Anytime any player of note is on the block they can just trade for them because they are on no players NMC list, are a desirable location, and they can get players at discounted value because they are one of the "I'll only waive to go to X" teams.

They can just deal their first for whichever sexy name hits the block every 2-3 years like they have done so far with Stone, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Eichel, Hertl, Pacioretty, etc, etc.

IMO this is a bigger competitive issue than LTIR (teams in attractive low tax markets that avoid all NMC lists), but the headline gets buried.
The NTL is another huge Bettman problem that needs to be erased. They can f***ing go wherever they are traded to.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad