GDT: Around the League 2021-22 v17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Panthers don’t really look that great. They didn’t look that great against the Caps either.

Reactions: vaniitio

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Panthers don’t really look that great. They didn’t look that great against the Caps either.
They looked terrible. I thought with Point out and the Panthers rested that they would show a lot more tonight. And Vasi was better than Bob, which is no shock. Ekblad had a poor game as well. Oh well, it’s only game 1.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Panthers still at 0 power play goals in the post-season and also apparently can't kill a penalty, either. Won't win this year like that.

Last edited:

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I’ve been thinking for a bit that St Louis could realistically win this series. Championship pedigree vs Colorado consistently losing in the 2nd round the last number of years. St Louis also very deep offensively - Perron was 8th in team scoring with 57 points, Tarasenko is back in peak form, Barbashev/Buchnevich/Kyrou all had massive career years and Binnington looking great again.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I’ve been thinking for a bit that St Louis could realistically win this series. Championship pedigree vs Colorado consistently losing in the 2nd round the last number of years. St Louis also very deep offensively - Perron was 8th in team scoring with 57 points, Tarasenko is back in peak form, Barbashev/Buchnevich/Kyrou all had massive career years and Binnington looking great again.

I have the Blues coming out of the Western Conference. It’ll depend on team health

Reactions: McOilers97

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Av’s didn’t have their skating legs in the first. Been off for awhile.

I do think St Louis can win this though. The Avs look soft, I think if the Blues start to commit to the body it really slants things.

St Louis not even really playing that physical and still Avs are turning away from contact.

Blues just look so slow out there, though. Not even like physically slow, just like... mentally slow. Like the kings on Mcdavids game 7 insurance marker.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Does tampa ever get less than like 6 or 7 pps in a game, ever? Every time i look at one of their summaries this year they get tons of pps.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Neither of these teams scare me. St. Louis can get caved in 5v5 play and Colorado still gives up a lot of high danger chances.

Reactions: iCanada

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Neither of these teams scare me. St. Louis can get caved in 5v5 play and Colorado still gives up a lot of high danger chances.

The refalanche have to have the smallest D in the league.

I think if you attacked them in their own end a bit they'd fold. Basically 2x Yamamoto's back there plus Byram whose soft, Johnson whose a bandaid, and MacDermid who got cut from the Kings while they had 4 of their starting 6 injured. In terms of functional toughness just Manson, who melts under pressure.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have the Blues coming out of the Western Conference. It’ll depend on team health
I read somewhere that St. Louis was one of the worst 5on5 teams that qualified for the playoffs. They do seem to play a lot like the Tippett Oilers.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I read somewhere that St. Louis was one of the worst 5on5 teams that qualified for the playoffs. They do seem to play a lot like the Tippett Oilers.

Yeah, they look like trash now that the Avs have woken up. They seemed to have the Wild's number

Reactions: Cloned

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
They looked like the Oilers that period, just with worse forwards. Every Blues possession almost immediately went back to the Avs.

Reactions: Cloned

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
They looked like the Oilers that period, just with worse forwards. Every Blues possession almost immediately went back to the Avs.

Yeah, they sure did look like the Tippett era Oilers, and not the Woodcroft ones that can actually play 5v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA