GDT: Around the League 2021-22 v17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Speaking of enemy territory...saw on Twitter that the Carolina Hurricanes restricted ticket sales to North/South Carolina and southern Virginia, effectively banning Rangers fans from attending road games.

All the more reason to cheer for New York in my mind.

Didn’t they do that bullshit before?

Reactions: frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Speaking of enemy territory...saw on Twitter that the Carolina Hurricanes restricted ticket sales to North/South Carolina and southern Virginia, effectively banning Rangers fans from attending road games.

Maybe if the Canes were a big enough deal in their area, they wouldn't have to resort to this shit lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Meh. Its a unique situation. Few people could outbid the NY buyers for tickets, and Caniac fans are not going to be able or inclined to pay same prices.

This is really no different than a team like us giving the vast majority of playoff tickets to STH who are local. Just in the case of Carolina they probably have far less STH and those that are may be looking to profit from NY deep pockets. Ultimately you want home fans in your own rink. People here kick up fuss and hate it whenever Montreal and Toronto storm our own rink.

I can see both sides to this. The canes want a home crowd for home games. Thats not shocking. They want to build the game in their own community, and by increasing the amount of local people exposed to going to games, and playoff games that are the best experiences. Its actually what Carolina arguably should be doing as a business case. The canes don't benefit one iota from Rangers fans coming in and storming for tickets. It prevents the sale of same to local people in a market that has to continue to grow the game there.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The question is, can he fix the lockerroom? I think they need to move out the Schiefele cancer no matter what coach they bring in
Trotz has a top notch reputation. He will have a lot of respect in that room. The team is eager to have a reason to believe in their team again. Trotz brings that

Reactions: bellagiobob

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Trotz is one of my favourite coaches of all time

But broken locker rooms usually need a problem player or two moved out.
Scheifele is 95% gone imo. Probably to Vegas, and I’m being completely serious.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
He’s like the prototypical big Vegas acquisition.

Skilled, big contract and a complete tool on and off the ice.

He’s perhaps a bigger cancer than Eichel and Lehner, so good luck to them.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Lol at the bros cosplaying as Doucherov

Cringey

Do the Cats have what it takes this year or will they lose to the Bolts again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad