Around the League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Vegas lays another egg tonight, and this one isn't Golden. Smells pretty rotten. :P

They still have their fantastic pre-game shows to look forward to, at least.

Reactions: 204hockey

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Really hope they miss the playoffs or we destroy them in the first round and rub it in his face.

Don't wish him injured though. Take either of your outcomes with him playing the absolute best he can at his advanced age.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Vegas could possibly lose the rest of the games on this road trip, sophomore jinx maybe, but last year everything went right for them, that doesn't happen every year.

This isn't sophomore jinx. Last year was beginner's luck.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
With Vegas last year was amazing and the only prediction I made preseason is their #1 line would really struggle to capture last years level of glory. Reilly Smith was playing over his head.......Wild Bill had a career shooting % of under 10 coming into Vegas and he hit the lofty level of 24% last year. That is literally double what I think his career shooting % will end up at. I really like Marchessault but he is 27 and I felt the regression of Karlsson and Smith would hurt him this season. I think I said Karlsson would be lucky to get 25 goals this season and I am sticking with that.

As for the team I am not totally bailing on them quite yet. Fluery is at an .846 so far and he is much better than that although can he get back to the .927 of last season....I don’t think so and that will hurt. Also losing Nate Schmidt for the for 20 games hurts allot. That being said their goalie is due to get hot and it’s a long season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke749

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Vegas lays another egg tonight, and this one isn't Golden. Smells pretty rotten. :P

They still have their fantastic pre-game shows to look forward to, at least.

Hoping Vegas keeps this up so by the time the Jets are playing them in Feb. people will be throwing tickets away just to get rid of them.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Keep on losing Vegas... can’t get all the bounces every year. Eventually the lack of talent will catch up with you

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
He benefits from an awesome PP but he is actually playing 5v5 on a line with 56 year old Patrik Marleau and 4th line Kapenen. Now that’s what I call driving a line.
The team is riding an insane power play. I wonder how long they can keep scoring at will

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The team is riding an insane power play. I wonder how long they can keep scoring at will

It will run hot and cold like they all do but their scoring has been nuts so far this season. Rogers screwed me on the centre ice package so I haven’t watched the leafs yet.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Wheeler and Schiefele were gassed after that shift, didn't come back for defense

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
No points but Joel Armia with 3 shots on net and 76% Corsi on the night tonight. The Habs look way better than I expected, even in defeats.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I get that +/- is a useless measure, but in 5 games, with 9 goals and 12 points, how do you be -1?

That's got to be pretty condemning for plus minus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad