Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It's just that when national coverage is 75% Leafs and they've been garbage since before the Apollo Program, I can't imagine what happens if they become legit contenders. 150% coverage? Is that possible?
Post of the day!

None

Feb 22, 2012
Gross, have to imagine Colorado didn't want to part with the Ottawa pick because the implication of Ottawa without Karlsson is bleak. That's basically guaranteeing it's going to be at least top 5.

Without Bobby Ryan involved you have to think their biggest target would be Heiskanen?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
If Karlsson goes to Dallas, we are really going to miss Armia :help:

Why do all the teams in the central improve, and in the Atlantic only 2 or 3 teams even bother?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I will wait and see just ho w much Dallas has to pay for him before I start to worry. I have no idea what Ottawa will want from them outside of Heiskenen, their cupboard is pretty bare.

Also I am not so sure Karlsson is the same dmen he once was with all those foot operations.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I will wait and see just ho w much Dallas has to pay for him before I start to worry. I have no idea what Ottawa will want from them outside of Heiskenen, their cupboard is pretty bare.

Also I am not so sure Karlsson is the same dmen he once was with all those foot operations.
Faksa, Heiskanen, two firsts for starters

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
If Karlsson goes to Dallas, we are really going to miss Armia :help:

Why do all the teams in the central improve, and in the Atlantic only 2 or 3 teams even bother?
Must be nice.

"Eh, let the Central beat each other to pieces, and we'll just see what happens after the first two rounds of playoff hockey."

Mark my words, if this trade happens, the most valuable place in the NHL standings is going to be the #4 spot in the Central.

Reactions: Flair Hay

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't know, if Dallas depletes what little depth they have to get him then I really am not going to fear them much. You can't win with a one line team.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Depends on if there's an extension. Sounds like Heiskanen has been pulled from any deals though. I don't think Dallas has the elite pieces outside of Heiskanen to acquire him.

Lindell + Robertson + Point + Honka + 1st '19? I still think VGK will pull a deal off

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
So what do people think it will cost them:

Faska, Ritchie, Heiskenen and two 1sts is my guess.

I doubt Nill would trade Faksa or Miro.

While I understand Ottawa asking for Miro, he's the best prospect the Stars/North Stars have had since Mike Modano. And losing Faksa would seriously destroy the very medicore middle six unless another move is made. Faksa is our Lowry but on the third line because of the weaksauce depth.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Depends on if there's an extension. Sounds like Heiskanen has been pulled from any deals though. I don't think Dallas has the elite pieces outside of Heiskanen to acquire him.

Lindell + Robertson + Point + Honka + 1st '19? I still think VGK will pull a deal off

This could be the value. Depends on if the Stars consider Point > Oettinger. I'd deal the 2nd best out of those two but knows who the heck that is lol.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I doubt Nill would trade Faksa or Miro.

While I understand Ottawa asking for Miro, he's the best prospect the Stars/North Stars have had since Mike Modano. And losing Faksa would seriously destroy the very medicore middle six unless another move is made. Faksa is our Lowry but on the third line because of the weaksauce depth.

Your talking about getting the best dmen in the league who will be coming with an extension in hand. I will be shocked if they don't give up two prized assets. Why would the Sens settle for less.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Your talking about getting the best dmen in the league who will be coming with an extension in hand. I will be shocked if they don't give up two prized assets. Why would the Sens settle for less.

Oh trust me, I get it.

I'd rather deal for Panarin or Skinner if the price is Miro AND Faksa. That would leave the Stars at centre with Seguin, the corpse of Spezza, Hanzal with his stretcher and...? That would be awful.

I'd see if they would accept the deal DRW204 proposed above or spice up a deal involving Honka and two 1sts and a prospect.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Oh trust me, I get it.

I'd rather deal for Panarin or Skinner if the price is Miro AND Faksa. That would leave the Stars at centre with Seguin, the corpse of Spezza, Hanzal with his stretcher and...? That would be awful.

I'd see if they would accept the deal DRW204 proposed above or spice up a deal involving Honka and two 1sts and a prospect.

Still seems that Ottawa would be accepting a whole whack tonne of quantity for franchise altering player. So much so that I can't see them doing it.

I wonder if this was leaked as a means to get Vegas or another team to up their offer.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I wonder if this was leaked as a means to get Vegas or another team to up their offer.

Possibly.

Nill might suck at drafting but he's good at big trades. He won't give up a young, cost controlled dman whose ceiling is franchise defenceman for an 11 million dollar defenceman when he already has Karlsson-light in Klingberg locked in at under 5 million a year. Or at least I hope he won't.

I honestly don't see Karlsson in Dallas but I guess you never know.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
This could be the value. Depends on if the Stars consider Point > Oettinger. I'd deal the 2nd best out of those two but knows who the heck that is lol.
I am wondering if the negotiations are playing out like this... OTT ideally wants to attached Ryan to EK65. Dallas wants EK65 but not Ryan, as a result OTT wants Heiskanen in return so Dallas is balking. On the other hand, OTT is turning to VGK who can absorb the Ryan contract w/ EK65....will be interesting to see how it all plays out

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am wondering if the negotiations are playing out like this... OTT ideally wants to attached Ryan to EK65. Dallas wants EK65 but not Ryan, as a result OTT wants Heiskanen in return so Dallas is balking. On the other hand, OTT is turning to VGK who can absorb the Ryan contract w/ EK65....will be interesting to see how it all plays out

They are also likely trying to get Glass out of Vegas. I heard somewhere that he was the major snag at the deadline. Given that there is more competition and that Karalsson will have an extension in hand they likely feel they have a bit more leverage now.

I get Mylnek is cheap but Ottawa shouldn't be downgrading their package for Karalsson in order to get ride of the Ryan deal, just dumb asset management.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They are also likely trying to get Glass out of Vegas. I heard somewhere that he was the major snag at the deadline. Given that there is more competition and that Karalsson will have an extension in hand they likely feel they have a bit more leverage now.

I get Mylnek is cheap but Ottawa shouldn't be downgrading their package for Karalsson in order to get ride of the Ryan deal, just dumb asset management.
I wonder what VGK is offering for both Ryan/Karlsson...There's no way they should part w/ Glass if Ryan is coming too imo. Although, I bet Ryan has a resurgence in VGK haha. I was spitballing with a guy at work...Theodore/19 1st/Suzuki for Karlsson/Ryan? No idea

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wonder what VGK is offering for both Ryan/Karlsson...There's no way they should part w/ Glass if Ryan is coming too imo. Although, I bet Ryan has a resurgence in VGK haha. I was spitballing with a guy at work...Theodore/19 1st/Suzuki for Karlsson/Ryan? No idea

They would likely also have to give up a decent depth forward as well. Ottawas still has to fill out a roster for next season.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Melnyk's only interested in financial assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad