Around the League - 2015-2016 (Part VI - Playoff Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Philly and Minnesota both eliminated today. So for sure, it's going to be Pittsburgh vs Washington in the second round. Should be a great match up.

Agreed that should be a hell of a match up if Pitts goaltending hangs in. The pens have picked a good time to peak.

The wife and I are heading to the Preds Ducks game six tonight at Bridgestone.....getting ready to pre game close to arena. Can't believe I might have to witness the Ducks eliminate a team live two years in a row. Not that I like the Preds but I do quite dislike Kesler. Either way just looking forward to the experience.

Go anybody but Ducks Go!!

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Tavares has been clutch for the Islanders this round.

He had seemed pretty invisible before the tying goal, to me, but you're right.

It's amazing, with him scoring both goals in such a big game.

The Panthers have a beef with the officials, though. That was a clear tripping penalty with Panthers possession in the offensive zone and an empty net. That non-call changed the game entirely.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Last night could not have been more fun. Had a blast watching the Preds beat the Ducks live. It very intense game and the crowd lost their **** when that penalty got called late in the second that lead to the goal. Crazy 3rd period and when Weber hit the empty net the place exploded. We sat around excellent fans that were really friendly. Really fun as we were exiting everyone was chanting and high fiving. Went to a bar with the fans and watched the Blues hold on while a great band played and that crowd all cheered when buzzer went to end the Hawks season too. It's not that I like the Preds but man the Ducks are easy villains with Perry and Kesler.

My lasting impression was if you are selling a new sport in a new market and you want to build a brand then put the arena in the right location. Nashville hit the bullseye!!

Very cool to be sitting beside fans with the southern drawl that didn't grow up on hockey but they love it now and they have passion for it. The guy I was sitting beside said his kids grew up going to the games with them and they use to fall asleep on the way home in the car. He said they have built great family memories around the Preds. I know that sounds normal when you are Canadian but now imagine a guy that looks and sounds like Willy Nelson saying it to you. :laugh:

Great city.....cool night.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Anybody notice the massive hits to the head (or more specifically, heads to the glass) that Seabrook and Runblad took last night without any concussion protocol?

Surprised that wasn't talked about on the broadcast.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Last night could not have been more fun. Had a blast watching the Preds beat the Ducks live. It very intense game and the crowd lost their **** when that penalty got called late in the second that lead to the goal. Crazy 3rd period and when Weber hit the empty net the place exploded. We sat around excellent fans that were really friendly. Really fun as we were exiting everyone was chanting and high fiving. Went to a bar with the fans and watched the Blues hold on while a great band played and that crowd all cheered when buzzer went to end the Hawks season too. It's not that I like the Preds but man the Ducks are easy villains with Perry and Kesler.

My lasting impression was if you are selling a new sport in a new market and you want to build a brand then put the arena in the right location. Nashville hit the bullseye!!

Very cool to be sitting beside fans with the southern drawl that didn't grow up on hockey but they love it now and they have passion for it. The guy I was sitting beside said his kids grew up going to the games with them and they use to fall asleep on the way home in the car. He said they have built great family memories around the Preds. I know that sounds normal when you are Canadian but now imagine a guy that looks and sounds like Willy Nelson saying it to you. :laugh:

Envious of your trip, would have been an awesome game to see live. Hope the Ducks choke! :naughty:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...larry-brooks-out-of-interview-153922269.html?

Before speaking to the media scrum, Boyle said he wanted Brooks to leave the interview area, offering a personal criticism of his work as well.

“I don’t want him here,†said Boyle.

“What?†Brooks said. “You know, the feeling’s mutual, man.â€

“Nobody likes you. Nobody respects you. Just so you know,†said Boyle.

“OK,†said Brooks.

“At least I’m leaving here with the respect of my teammates,†said Boyle.

There was some cross talk, before Boyle said, “I have no respect for you. I want you to get the [expletive] out.â€

“I don’t care what you think,†said Brooks.

“I can tell you to get the [expletive] out if I want to!†said Boyle, his voice now raised.

“You can, but I don’t have to listen to you,†said Brooks.

“Yeah, ya do!†said Boyle. “I want him out. And that other [expletive] clown, Brett, or whatever the [expletive] his name is. Everyone else is fine. I want him out. It’s my right.â€

And after a few more words were exchanged, Rangers staff stepped in to calm the scene down and Boyle began his interview with what we assume was his selected audience.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

Chiming in from Nashville here. Sounds an awful lot like you may have been at Paradise Park which is where I was at. Great band was playing and both Preds and Ducks fans were cheering and high fiving when Chicago lost.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
So tomorrow night we're getting game 1 of the Lightning/Islanders series, and game 7 of the Ducks/Predators.

Have there ever been games from round 1 and 2 on the same night before?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Apparently the last game of round 2 and the first game of round 3 were on the same night in 1983. That's the last time there was overlap between rounds.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/playoffs/NHL_1983.html

Thanks for the info. Seems weird that they would do that again but the scheduling for the playoffs so far has been annoying altogether to say the least. Not that this really impacts anything.

I hope there are no more 9:45 EST puck drops for Dallas vs. St. Louis.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Thanks for the info. Seems weird that they would do that again but the scheduling for the playoffs so far has been annoying altogether to say the least. Not that this really impacts anything.

I hope there are no more 9:45 EST puck drops for Dallas vs. St. Louis.

Anaheim's last game of the season was a make-up game in Washington for an earlier one that was cancelled due to that big East Coast blizzard back in January. So I think the NHL pushed the start of their series with the Preds back an extra day or so to compensate the Ducks for having to go coast-to-coast and back-to-back to end the season. And of course, the series goes the full 7 games, so I guess this is the solution. Unusual circumstances...

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Chiming in from Nashville here. Sounds an awful lot like you may have been at Paradise Park which is where I was at. Great band was playing and both Preds and Ducks fans were cheering and high fiving when Chicago lost.

The bar we were in was at the base of the Omni hotel where my wife and I were staying, we just stumbled over from Bridgestone after the game. Lots of Preds fans poured in after the game to celebrate and it was a blast. I really enjoyed how the entire crowd at the game gets up during the TV timeouts and gives the standing ovation for about 2 or 3 minutes.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The bar we were in was at the base of the Omni hotel where my wife and I were staying, we just stumbled over from Bridgestone after the game. Lots of Preds fans poured in after the game to celebrate and it was a blast. I really enjoyed how the entire crowd at the game gets up during the TV timeouts and gives the standing ovation for about 2 or 3 minutes.
Oh okay nice. Well glad you had a good time, and for what it's worth, last year's Jets playoff anthem was one of the best "get pumped" songs ever

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Oh okay nice. Well glad you had a good time, and for what it's worth, last year's Jets playoff anthem was one of the best "get pumped" songs ever

Good luck in game 7 I really want you guys to send the Ducks packing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad