Around The League - 15-16 Part II (Expansion!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
This may have a dominoe effect. They might have to move more peices next summer ala Saad Sharp

@FriedgeHNIC: Hearing the much-rumoured extension between CHI and Brent Seabrook is closing in.

@FriedgeHNIC: Expecting AAV to be in range of 6.85M on Seabrook.

We'll see.

10F (Kane, Toews, Hossa, Bickell, Panarin, Anisimov, Teravainen, Dano, Garbutt, Desjardins)
6D (Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Daley, Rundblad, van Riemsdyk)
2G (Crawford, Darling)
67.358M.

That would be 4.042M of space for 5 players if the cap only rises as much as they will have overage. That's doable.
Oh, and they can buyout Bickell.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We'll see.

10F (Kane, Toews, Hossa, Bickell, Panarin, Anisimov, Teravainen, Dano, Garbutt, Desjardins)
6D (Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Daley, Rundblad, van Riemsdyk)
2G (Crawford, Darling)
67.358M.

That would be 4.042M of space for 5 players if the cap only rises as much as they will have overage. That's doable.
Oh, and they can buyout Bickell.

Panarin has 2.575M in performance bonuses that are likely pretty easy to achieve since he was a free agent and teams were bidding for him.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Buyout Bickell, have 3.275M overage (max), play Hartman and Pokka.

-> 1.979M of space for 4 players assuming the cap doesn't move.

If the cap goes up by 1M, they'll be fine.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Panarin has 2.575M in performance bonuses that are likely pretty easy to achieve since he was a free agent and teams were bidding for him.

I believe Hawks giving him the option to leave for KHL if he didn't make team is what actually put them ahead of most

As for performance bonus hits ,, From what I have heard (Simply speculation of course) a lot of them are not that easy to achieve

If he has standout rookie year (30G or 50-60 pts) then he will hit some but it wont be crippling

Honestly not even a lock for Hawks roster at this point because he has been injured most of camp/preseason

This may have a dominoe effect. They might have to move more peices next summer ala Saad Sharp.

That is pretty much reality for Hawks almost every offseason

2010 = Lost Ladd , Versteeg , Byfuglien and Niemi because of cap (Other minor pieces as well)
2011 = Lost Campbell , Brouwer and Kopecky because of cap
2013 = Lost Frolik and Bolland because of cap
2014 = Lost Leddy because of cap
2015 = Lost Sharp , Saad , Richards and Oduya because of cap

So far the core has proven if you provide them with some depth after purges they will bounce back. It may take a few years but Hawks kids look promising at this point and system has guys in coming years who can potentially make jump

Lesson in Chicago is if your buying a jersey its only safe to buy #2 , #7 , #19 , #81 and #88 at this point. If you buy anyone else you may see them traded after purchase

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I believe Hawks giving him the option to leave for KHL if he didn't make team is what actually put them ahead of most

As for performance bonus hits ,, From what I have heard (Simply speculation of course) a lot of them are not that easy to achieve

If he has standout rookie year (30G or 50-60 pts) then he will hit some but it wont be crippling

Honestly not even a lock for Hawks roster at this point because he has been injured most of camp/preseason

That is pretty much reality for Hawks almost every offseason

2010 = Lost Ladd , Versteeg , Byfuglien and Niemi because of cap (Other minor pieces as well)
2011 = Lost Campbell , Brouwer and Kopecky because of cap
2013 = Lost Frolik and Bolland because of cap
2014 = Lost Leddy because of cap
2015 = Lost Sharp , Saad , Richards and Oduya because of cap

So far the core has proven if you provide them with some depth after purges they will bounce back. It may take a few years but Hawks kids look promising at this point and system has guys in coming years who can potentially make jump

Lesson in Chicago is if your buying a jersey its only safe to buy #2 , #7 , #19 , #81 and #88 at this point. If you buy anyone else you may see them traded after purchase

The reality will come when Hossa retires.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Soooo many teams fans are freaking about putting a goalie on waivers. Apparently all of Joni Ortio, Darcy Kuemper, JF Berube are guanteed to be snapped up on waivers. :facepalm:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Soooo many teams fans are freaking about putting a goalie on waivers. Apparently all of Joni Ortio, Darcy Kuemper, JF Berube are guanteed to be snapped up on waivers. :facepalm:

Second HF mystery right after "bad player on a bad contract? We should flip him to Arizona for a pick."

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
Meh

Deal wit hit when it comes

Until then just gotta enjoy this era of Hawk hockey

Can't wait for this era to end lol. No offence! It would be nice to see a final 4 that doesn't involve Chicago,NYR, Boston or LA.

My question is will the fan support still be there when the winning record isn't? wasn't to long ago United center looked like Jobing arena (or whatever its called now). I'm happy to see the mad house packed every night it's great for the league but I'm severely questioning the longevity of the fan support in these recent success markets. I follow a Kings fan on twitter that said he cant wait to see the kings win a 3rd "stan lee" cup, This can't be sustainable in some markets. Not that hawk fans arent uneducated about the game but being a blackhawks fan is a bit of a fad these days

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Rocky Wirtz was by and large a direct reason for why the Hawks slummed through the 90s. When he died and his son took over, the fans started to come back.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Rocky Wirtz was by and large a direct reason for why the Hawks slummed through the 90s. When he died and his son took over, the fans started to come back.

Rocky passed away at the same time they started winning and added Kane/Toes in the lineup.

Sustainability is anything but proven.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Haha wow. Are you going to stand by that statement? Do you believe that Peluso (or ANY bit player for that matter) has that much impact on the team's success?

How many minutes did Peluso play last year?

Honestly the feeding frenzy around a guy who plays next to no minutes is laughable. I'd rather worry about more meaningful players who actually have an impact on wins and losses.

He's not hurting the team by taking up a spot on the bench playing 5ish sheltered minutes instead of a hockey player that can play more?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Can't wait for this era to end lol. No offence! It would be nice to see a final 4 that doesn't involve Chicago,NYR, Boston or LA.

My question is will the fan support still be there when the winning record isn't? wasn't to long ago United center looked like Jobing arena (or whatever its called now). I'm happy to see the mad house packed every night it's great for the league but I'm severely questioning the longevity of the fan support in these recent success markets. I follow a Kings fan on twitter that said he cant wait to see the kings win a 3rd "stan lee" cup, This can't be sustainable in some markets. Not that hawk fans arent uneducated about the game but being a blackhawks fan is a bit of a fad these days

The Kings went 40 years without a cup, most of those horrible. Yeah it's completely unsustainable in LA.

images

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
The Kings went 40 years without a cup, most of those horrible. Yeah it's completely unsustainable in LA.

images

I would imagine LA has yet to have an unprofitable year since its existence so the team itself will always be viable. I'm just questioning this renewed fan support for the kings. I want to shoot youtube video in LA questioning the knowledge of the average kings fan. Ask them silly questions about hockey like how they think Crosby will do for the kings this season ect. But really the Stan lee cup? come on

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I know avid hockey fans who call the Stanley Cup the 'Stan Lee Cup' because it's funny, and is apparently a good troll maneuver. I mean, it worked on you.

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
I know avid hockey fans who call the Stanley Cup the 'Stan Lee Cup' because it's funny, and is apparently a good troll maneuver. I mean, it worked on you.

No... a bunch of people corrected him including myself and he admitted his mistake. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad