Around The League - 15-16 Part II (Expansion!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Rocky Wirtz was by and large a direct reason for why the Hawks slummed through the 90s. When he died and his son took over, the fans started to come back.

Rocky passed away at the same time they started winning and added Kane/Toes in the lineup.

Sustainability is anything but proven.

Guys "dollar" Bill Wirtz was the penny pinching dad who ran the Hawks for 41 years and died, Rocky was the savior son who took it over in 2007 and turned things around.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think long term the Hawks are set nicely even if team slides back in coming years when it comes to fan reception

Hawks fanbase has grown tremendously even establishing more support in non traditional communities for hockey (Black and Hispanic community)

Games being on TV has helped tremendously as well ,, Contrary to the god awful and horrible no TV policy of Dollar Bill

The anger is gone from fanbase and doubtful it will return. Rocky and no future owner could possibly ever do as much damage as Bill did

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I would imagine LA has yet to have an unprofitable year since its existence so the team itself will always be viable. I'm just questioning this renewed fan support for the kings. I want to shoot youtube video in LA questioning the knowledge of the average kings fan. Ask them silly questions about hockey like how they think Crosby will do for the kings this season ect. But really the Stan lee cup? come on

Oh why why did you bring the Kings up? Now Holden has to defend them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad