Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Florida is the fly in the ointment. They won’t stop winning.

What makes it harder for me to root against them is not only did I grow up in South Florida (west coast) but I’m a big fan of some of their players (Barkov, Trocheck) and I dig Goldy/Potvin (which is an unpopular opinion lol)

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Florida well on their was to being 12-3 in tbe last 15, with 3 games in hand.

Jackets could have their season ended by Sunday if they don’t win the last 2 games of this road trip

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Since Vegas "helped" Pens to pull that Brassard deal both teams haven't won a game. 0-3 Pens, 0-2-1 Vegas. #hockeygods

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I must be nice for Vasylevski to allow 5 goals and get the Win.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I must be nice for Vasylevski to allow 5 goals and get the Win.

The Flyers and Lightning have offenses that are depressing reminders how far the CBJ are from being a legitimate contender.

The day of winning with defense are done. Good. Give me Gretzky hockey over neutral zone crap. I mean trap. Any day of the week.

Torts seems painfully unaware of the changes in the game. We'll see if Jarmo is. If Jenner and Calvert are re-signed, the situation is hopeless with the CBJ.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
God i looove Giroux! Imagine having a captain like that. Now Vasy will get the win with 6 goals allowed right?

Yep. He did.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Tampa leads the league in goals scored with 240. The CBJ are 68 behind with 172. Tampa has scored almost 40% more goals than the CBJ.

This information should probably not be placed in any CBJ season ticket promotional literature.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
The Flyers and Lightning have offenses that are depressing reminders how far the CBJ are from being a legitimate contender.

The day of winning with defense are done. Good. Give me Gretzky hockey over neutral zone crap. I mean trap. Any day of the week.

Torts seems painfully unaware of the changes in the game. We'll see if Jarmo is. If Jenner and Calvert are re-signed, the situation is hopeless with the CBJ.

Seriously, i'm watching this game now, and i don't want to watch a single period of Torts hockey anymore.

Tampa had one of the worst power plays in the league just two years ago, and only two players had more than 50 points. Neither of them had 70.

Last year they were 6th on the power play, had four 50-point guys, and two of them hit 70.

This year they're 3rd on the power play, they've already scored more goals than they had two years ago, they'll probably have 7 50-point guys, and two have already hit 70 on the year.

Who coaches those units?

AR-310079365.jpg

When he was here, the Columbus power play was 11th in 2013-14 and 5th in 2014-15. In 2015-16 it was 21st, then 11th, and now 30th.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Tampa had one of the worst power plays in the league just two years ago, and only two players had more than 50 points. Neither of them had 70.

Last year they were 6th on the power play, had four 50-point guys, and two of them hit 70.

This year they're 3rd on the power play, they've already scored more goals than they had two years ago, they'll probably have 7 50-point guys, and two have already hit 70 on the year.

Who coaches those units?

AR-310079365.jpg

When he was here, the Columbus power play was 11th in 2013-14 and 5th in 2014-15. In 2015-16 it was 21st, then 11th, and now 30th.

Al Bundy?

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Who coaches those units?

AR-310079365.jpg

Your point is ... what? :eyeroll:

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Who coaches those units?

AR-310079365.jpg

And what is your point?

They've added Point and Gourde. They've improved their roster with smaller, skilled players who skate well. Cory Conacher can skate like the wind as well. 2 of these 3 players did ECHL time. Yzerman saw the shift happening in the game and saw how formerly borderline NHLers could excel in the current game. The CBJ coaching staff and FO can't even properly evaluate a Karlsson who they had on their roster for two f****** years.

They're a well constructed roster for the game which is being played in the NHL. Torts has Bjorkstand and Milano and even though these guys aren't of Gourde and Point quality, they're reasonably fast and reasonably skilled. He plays them less than dump trucks like Jenner and former assistant captain Dubinsky-at least until the last few games. He's more concerned with their "checking" than scoring.

A poorly built team along with poor usage by an anachronistic coach is not a formula for success.

I happened to have liked Richards and was sorry he was dismissed.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Lmao.

Don’t look now but the Rangers are 3 points behind us after sweeping their western Canada road trip.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Lmao.

Don’t look now but the Rangers are 3 points behind us after sweeping their western Canada road trip.
Just beat Oilers with backup backup goalie. Good things happen when you score 3 goals. Looking forward to that last place in metro by the end of the next week, "brick by brick".

Also Arizona is 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. Raanta is hot.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Just beat Oilers with backup backup goalie. Good things happen when you score 3 goals. Looking forward to that last place in metro by the end of the next week, "brick by brick".

NYR waved the white flag weeks ago, went out and got tons of assets for the future, and may still finish ahead of us. Sad.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
NYR waved the white flag weeks ago, went out and got tons of assets for the future, and may still finish ahead of us. Sad.
I also think Oil is tanking on purpose. They really want that fast, puck moving D on ELC for free. They can't be that bad. Moved Drai back to McDavid wing just that those 2 could collect points for each other.

#crazyconspiracytheory :)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

So you're saying theres a chance... a chance we could play our way into that 1st pick slot?!? :D

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I also think Oil is tanking on purpose. They really want that fast, puck moving D on ELC for free. They can't be that bad. Moved Drai back to McDavid wing just that those 2 could collect points for each other.

#crazyconspiracytheory :)
How pissed would oil fans be if the jackets won the lottery and added ANOTHER studly Dman.

And we'd still find a way to keep missing the playoffs.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Rick Nash with a huge embellishment yesterday vs the Canadians

A full second after being hit on his right shoulder he snaps his head back

Claude was not happy, and this time He had a right not to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad