Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Johansen is done for season, thigh surgery or something

Next step, the 12 year, 15 million per season contract

Whatever the injury is, he played about 2 periods with it.

Kinda hard to ever question his toughness ever again if he played 2 periods with something that required emergency surgery.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Kinda hard to ever question his toughness ever again if he played 2 periods with something that required emergency surgery.

Don't think people questioned his toughness that much. Just his ability to consistently care enough to demonstrate that toughness.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Don't think people questioned his toughness that much. Just his ability to consistently care enough to demonstrate that toughness.

I'm not sure about his toughness when he was here but I totally agree with the bolded.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Some peoples posts make them sound like the extraordinary bitter ex girlfriend regarding Johansen. Still.

Last edited:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio

As a Paramedic, just going by what has been posted, sounds like he had some sort of bleed into his thigh. As long as it was a slow leak, he could have played with it for a while until the hematoma became to large and painful. He could not have played on a femur fracture unless it was something like a small crack, in which case he probably would not have required surgery. Can't imagine a nerve injury would require surgery either. May have had to surgically fix the bleed because of the danger of compartment syndrome.

Just a guess.

Sad to see this. I have been pulling for the Preds and this will hurt the team. But, we are seeing how well the Pens continue to play with their injuries, and with Rinne, and this Preds defense, who knows.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
As a Paramedic, just going by what has been posted, sounds like he had some sort of bleed into his thigh. As long as it was a slow leak, he could have played with it for a while until the hematoma became to large and painful. He could not have played on a femur fracture unless it was something like a small crack, in which case he probably would not have required surgery. Can't imagine a nerve injury would require surgery either. May have had to surgically fix the bleed because of the danger of compartment syndrome.

Just a guess.

Sad to see this. I have been pulling for the Preds and this will hurt the team. But, we are seeing how well the Pens continue to play with their injuries, and with Rinne, and this Preds defense, who knows.

A severe bruise could result in this? If so, that makes sense given what appeares to have happened on the play people are assuming he got hurt on.

Last edited:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I don't care what he did, Joey getting injured at this point in the game truly sucks and I don't care what anyone says. He's a good kid and a huge part of his team and this really sucks for him.

Also I'm super drunk right now but it doesn't matter I still feel this way sober.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
There's some big heart in that Nashville team

All four of these teams have shown, at various points in this postseason (even in their current series) incredible resilience. While this hockey might not be the most aesthetically pleasing, and while there have been some physical plays by all four teams I'd personally prefer not to see, the games have been great to watch.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So far it doesn't appear that Joey's absence has hurt the Preds. :popcorn::laugh:

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
A severe bruise could result in this? If so, that makes sense given what appeares to have happened on the play people are assuming he got hurt on.

Acute compartment syndrome. Lost blood flow to his leg due to large hematoma and severe swelling. Dangerous stuff

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Acute compartment syndrome. Lost blood flow to his leg due to large hematoma and severe swelling. Dangerous stuff

I googled pictures of compartment syndrome... let's just say I'm glad I haven't had lunch yet :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sucks for Anderson to get pulled. His team sucks right now. He could have been better but I have to think this is just a move by Boucher to wake his team up.

EDIT: And he's back in and gives up a goal. Apparently neither Boucher nor I knows anything.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sucks for Anderson to get pulled. His team sucks right now. He could have been better but I have to think this is just a move by Boucher to wake his team up.

EDIT: And he's back in and gives up a goal. Apparently neither Boucher nor I knows anything.

Anderson's been awful the last two games. Scarface's in and out strategy did wonders:laugh:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Joey playing through a injury isn't anything that hasn't been done before by every athlete. They get paid millions to do it. I worked a 10 hour retail shift with appendicitis because I was just hired and wanted to prove I was a hard worker. Does that mean no one should ever question me again? Kid got hurt but it happens to every player at some point. He's no bigger of a ***** then anyone but he's not a tough ******* either. I can't see the kid who missed games because conditioning being considered tough. If he got his throat slashed with a skate and went up the ice and scored before going off ok we can praise him. Some guys play the entire playoffs with torn rotator cuff or labrum, need hip or back surgery. Hell Campbell playing that PK on a broken leg ok.Werenski not being able to see and having 2 broken bones plus that huge gash that's tough. Playing 2 periods with a deep bruise... sure it could have eventually been serious or it might have hurt like a ***** but 2 periods doesn't make him a folk hero.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well, at least we lost to the probable repeating cup champs, right?

Joey playing through a injury isn't anything that hasn't been done before by every athlete. They get paid millions to do it. I worked a 10 hour retail shift with appendicitis because I was just hired and wanted to prove I was a hard worker. Does that mean no one should ever question me again? Kid got hurt but it happens to every player at some point. He's no bigger of a ***** then anyone but he's not a tough ******* either. I can't see the kid who missed games because conditioning being considered tough. If he got his throat slashed with a skate and went up the ice and scored before going off ok we can praise him. Some guys play the entire playoffs with torn rotator cuff or labrum, need hip or back surgery. Hell Campbell playing that PK on a broken leg ok.Werenski not being able to see and having 2 broken bones plus that huge gash that's tough. Playing 2 periods with a deep bruise... sure it could have eventually been serious or it might have hurt like a ***** but 2 periods doesn't make him a folk hero.

Let the hate flow through you.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
...okay, this is getting downright unhealthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad