Recalled/Assigned: Armia Called Up & Mesar Back to Kitchener

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This is interesting.

This stretch for armia at the nhl level will basically confirm to me whether he's completely washed up, or whether he just needed a kick in the ass.

His injury history makes me lean towards the idea that he just doesn't have it for the nhl level anymore, but I hope I'm wrong because armia is alot of fun to watch when he's running on all cylinders.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Right call for both. Several guys are sitting in the AHL because Armia takes a permanent spot and Mesar needed to be rotated in. I'm sure Houle will still find an ECHL player to sit Mysak for though.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I would say Laval is largely to thank for that. Most of the vets we sign are Quebecois and get plenty of playing time.

The more important thing is that RHP and Roy look like staple players. No need for a token scrub to fit the local quota for the next few years at least.

Reactions: The Real Timo

selteeck

Sep 21, 2023
Poor Armia.

- Send him to AHL, free up a spot for a younger guy!
Armia sent down to Laval.
- Call him up! Make up a spot for a younger guy to develop at Laval!

I hope HuGo can trade him somewhere.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Poor Armia.

- Send him to AHL, free up a spot for a younger guy!
Armia sent down to Laval.
- Call him up! Make up a spot for a younger guy to develop at Laval!

I hope HuGo can trade him somewhere.

According to Pagnotta, talks have picked up on Armia trade this week. Mind you, it's Pagnotta. But I can believe teams might have renewed interest. For one, his attitude was exemplary. He didn't sulk. And he contributed offensively. And also what could have renewed interest in him is that he's already cleared waivers, so a team who can acquire him can send him straight to the AHL before he plays 10 games or stays in the NHL for 30 days.

Reactions: selteeck

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I am kind of curious to see how Armia responds as he has always had the tools to be a very good top six winger but whatever paralyzing affliction that has been crushing his confidence may possibly have been exorcised with his demotion as he played with purpose and pace in Laval. Of course it is far from likely that he finally blossoms but at least there is a reason for hope even if it is a very remote hope.

I also agree that Roy should not be called up quite yet as he has to pass the next step of pro teams gameplanning for him. He will need to further adapt his game but if he is successful in doing so it will be awfully difficult to keep him down for too long.

Reactions: Runner77

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I am kind of curious to see how Armia responds as he has always had the tools to be a very good top six winger but whatever paralyzing affliction that has been crushing his confidence may possibly have been exorcised with his demotion as he played with purpose and pace in Laval. Of course it is far from likely that he finally blossoms but at least there is a reason for hope even if it is a very remote hope.

I also agree that Roy should not be called up quite yet as he has to pass the next step of pro teams gameplanning for him. He will need to further adapt his game but if he is successful in doing so it will be awfully difficult to keep him down for too long.
I feel like he must be a passive person. He produced at various points when given top 6 minutes but never really complained about playing limited defensive roles. He did pace for 40+ points in 2020. I always felt he was a guy who would have been great for Vegas or Seattle as a go-to guy on an expansion roster.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I feel like he must be a passive person. He produced at various points when given top 6 minutes but never really complained about playing limited defensive roles. He did pace for 40+ points in 2020. I always felt he was a guy who would have been great for Vegas or Seattle as a go-to guy on an expansion roster.

Agreed, he is a weird case and just doesn't seem to like the spotlight at all. I don't think he is lazy like some suggest he just seems to be paralyzed and overwhelmed by anxiety/depression.....I am not going to diagnose him but there is something going on as as you pointed out he is a passive person and quite introverted. If he ever felt comfortable in his own skin with a specific organization he has the potential to be a difference maker.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Very happy to see Mesar returned to the OHL. Time to shine and develop, the right way.

Will be interesting to see if a motivated Armia will be in the Habs lineup.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
when you need Karakter, Grit, Determination and 100% every shit, you call up a guy like Armia. He will show others what to do , he's a legend and a blessing on this organization.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why do I have a feeling he blows up and goes on a hot streak? He's so inconsistent but I feel out of nowhere he will start playing good.
I also believe this. When i watch him play for team Finland, he's a completely different player. He's dominant at times and makes an impact. On the Habs, he's invisible. I think Laval is a wakeup call.

Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad