Recalled/Assigned: Armia Called Up & Mesar Back to Kitchener

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
I would have called up Gignac who can probably help us more with his speed and work ethic.We tried Armia before, nothing has changed. He will still play a good game every 25.

Now if he was replacing Gally I would be all for it. Other than that he can spend the whole year in the AHL.
We cannot call up Gignac without signing him to a NHL contract as his current one is AHL only.

Reactions: themilosh and zx81

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If this doesn't motivate him then nothing will. If he wants to continue his career in the NHL, he better start contributing and playing with drive every night or he'll be going right back down to the American League. This is his chance to up his value and potentially get traded to a team with a spot for him.

This whole experience better have been a big wake up call for his sake.

Reactions: themilosh

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Time for Mesar to get way above a ppg, enough with the excuses.
1641428080-moorish-berbere2souche-ronaldo-maroc.png

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
If this doesn't motivate him then nothing will. If he wants to continue his career in the NHL, he better start contributing and playing with drive every night or he'll be going right back down to the American League. This is his chance to up his value and potentially get traded to a team with a spot for him.

This whole experience better have been a big wake up call for his sake.
Either Armia starts scoring at a 70 pt clip or send him to the minors for good. At least he won't be taking up an AHL roster spot now.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL

I don’t see the issue with trying to check both boxes (good player, local), as players like Roy clearly fulfill (and maybe would have been overlooked had he not been local).

Don’t understand why there is an issue when there is a clear incentive to having local players on the team as it increases fan engagement.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Hope Armia brings his AHL form with him.

It’s also time for Mesar to show why he was drafted in the 1st round. He’s got the skill but if he can’t dominate the OHL in his D+2, things start looking bad for him.

And yes, let’s let Roy simmer in Laval. He’s been a bit of an anomaly in my eyes, but he’s reached elite status at every level he’s played at. I’m starting to believe he’s that guy.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The main thing I can confirm is that the coaching and environment in Kitchener right now is almost perfect for Mesar. So no more excuses. It’s on him to perform. (I’d give him a few games to adapt though as he missed their camp where Ahokas clearly made huge progress with the team).
Glad to hear, last year was a total mess there, now its up to Mesar to perform under what seems like a competent coaching staff.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
What does the Armia call up do to our cap situation? 1.1M less to play with?

6"4, 4 goals in 4 games in the AHL, deserves a look next to Suzuki and Caufield!

The cap is calculated daily... Armia cost around 18k daily when he is on the NHL roster (and ~13.5k daily when assigned to the AHL) ... So how much it affect the cap depend on how long he stick in the NHL.

Technically, it doesn't change anything if he stay on the roster for the remaining 174 days, since he will just end up eating Dach's LTIR relief, which cannot be accrued.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
What style does Kitchener play this season? Coached by Jussi Ahokas who has coached TPS when Slafkovsky was in the team has me a bit worried, they played too much defensive trap.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I thought we would've picked Brad Lambert with that late 1st.. Heard he was a headcase, so I didn't mind the Mesar pick assuming the scouts knew something... I'm beginning to truly believe our scouting department are no better than Central Scouting ranks..

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I thought we would've picked Brad Lambert with that late 1st.. Heard he was a headcase, so I didn't mind the Mesar pick assuming the scouts knew something... I'm beginning to truly believe our scouting department are no better than Central Scouting ranks..
That by itself would be an improvement over last 50-year

Reactions: themilosh

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He deserved to be sent to Laval. And he's earned the call up due to his attitude and contribution to the team's offense.
What if Armia is a superstar in the AHL and a sad sack in the NHL?

Honestly I like to hate on Joel but he did double up and didnt sulk. Lets hope that was a wake up call for him.
I'm not worried about the wake-up call. It's the snooze button that has me worried

Reactions: Runner77 and Mrb1p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad