Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I think you are undervaluing Keller. He just can't produce with Tocchet as the coach. But thank you for your response.

Possibly true but we don’t have a good track record with getting the most out of underproducing forwards. Either way he scores less than Johansen and plays a less valuable position while not on a significantly better contract so I don’t think a one for one deal gets it done.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Came over from the AZ Coyotes board
Been thinking about a Keller for Johansen swap. We need a center so that Dvorak can go back to the 2nd line. Does this make sense from a Pred's fan perspective?

I, for one, would absolutely do this deal. Saves us almost $1M, is a much better return than we are going to get for Turris and ultimately gives us a true threat on our second line.

I know a lot of Preds fans won't... but I don't think it's a horrible idea. There may have to a a small addition on Yotes end, but it's not the worst deal I've seen.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Came over from the AZ Coyotes board
Been thinking about a Keller for Johansen swap. We need a center so that Dvorak can go back to the 2nd line. Does this make sense from a Pred's fan perspective?

Would you do Keller for Duchene?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Panthers fan here,

I know this may he a touchy subject but just curious what the plans are regarding expansion draft regarding your defense?
Are you going 4-4-1 or 7-3-1 route?

With Josi and Ellis locked up long term, they will be protected, so would Ekholm be available at all with Fabbro being on the rise?

I ask because I find this a similar situation to MIN where Guerin decided to lock up Brodin and looks like Dumba may be forced out.

If Ekholm was available and I get it would need to be an overpay, what would the cost be?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Panthers fan here,

I know this may he a touchy subject but just curious what the plans are regarding expansion draft regarding your defense?
Are you going 4-4-1 or 7-3-1 route?

With Josi and Ellis locked up long term, they will be protected, so would Ekholm be available at all with Fabbro being on the rise?

I ask because I find this a similar situation to MIN where Guerin decided to lock up Brodin and looks like Dumba may be forced out.

If Ekholm was available and I get it would need to be an overpay, what would the cost be?

If the expansion draft was held tomorrow, we'd go 4-4-1. Anything can happen in a year but right now we just can't give up Ekholm, he's too valuable for us and provides the kind of package to the blue line that no one else can't.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If the expansion draft was held tomorrow, we'd go 4-4-1. Anything can happen in a year but right now we just can't give up Ekholm, he's too valuable for us and provides the kind of package to the blue line that no one else can't.

Who would be protected/exposed up front then?
I'd assume if you cant move Turris, he will be exposed so its Ryjo, Duchene, Forsberg and?

Fair enough, appreciate the feedback.
Just didn't know if you would keep all 4 D and lock them all up if it wasn't working as is.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Who would be protected/exposed up front then?
I'd assume if you cant move Turris, he will be exposed so its Ryjo, Duchene, Forsberg and?

Fair enough, appreciate the feedback.
Just didn't know if you would keep all 4 D and lock them all up if it wasn't working as is.
Arvidsson. I'd also say depending on this year that any forward other than Forsberg and Arvi is a definite lock.

Last edited:

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Jets could be moving Laine (asked for trade) and are looking for a #2C. Maybe something we could work on using Joey/Duchene? May be a good destination for him here with Rinne and Saros.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Jets could be moving Laine (asked for trade) and are looking for a #2C. Maybe something we could work on using Joey/Duchene? May be a good destination for him here with Rinne and Saros.

Heaven knows this team could use more goalscoring, but it seems like we'd need some fat pluses on either duchene or joey to make that work

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If a team came to the Preds and offered a low 1st for Bonino at 50% retained, would you think the Preds should accept that deal?

I like Bonino as much as the next guy but considering he's 32 and has only one year left on his deal, I would do it. He's important to us so we're probably not chasing a Cup if we do it, though. He's a top-5 3C in the league.

I think Sekera just set the market for veteran depth defensemen. $1,5M for 2 years.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If a team came to the Preds and offered a low 1st for Bonino at 50% retained, would you think the Preds should accept that deal?
Assuming the gameplan is to roll out some rookies and not really make an obvious push to compete, then sure. A low 1st is basically what I would aspire to get for Bonino at the trade deadline anyway. But that has risk attached to it. What if Bonino doesn't play as well or gets hurt? Etc. He is only owed $2.4M going forward this season. So you pay $1.2M to lock in that 1st rounder. Fine with me.

On the other hand, if I was still plotting ways to sign some prominent UFAs and try a more traditional approach towards being competitive in the coming season, and/or if I already had some productive discussions on a contract extension with Bonino under way, it might change things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad