Speculation: Armchair GM Thread 2021-22 VI (the one where we ALMOST got Eichel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Eichel to Flames.

give-me-give-it-to-me-now.gif

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we ain't getting Eichel.

This is the Flames we're talking about, we're getting more depth d-men and you're going to like it dammit.

Reactions: Rockmorton

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I can’t believe we’re getting Eichel. Now that @Darth Vladar is on board, the universe is making it happen.

To be fair, I'd only be on board if he didn't cost more than Mony + Vali + Zary + 1st + a prospect that isn't Pelletier, Poirier, or Coronato. Wouldn't want to part with Duehr, Ruzicka or Posposil, either, but I'd be ok with Phillips. The guy is talented af, but he's tiny.

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
To be fair, I'd only be on board if he didn't cost more than Mony + Vali + Zary + 1st + a prospect that isn't Pelletier, Poirier, or Coronato. Wouldn't want to part with Duehr, Ruzicka or Posposil, either, but I'd be ok with Phillips. The guy is talented af, but he's tiny.
Lol we want Eichel but we can only offer guys we don’t want

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Lol we want Eichel but we can only offer guys we don’t want

Adams' criteria for an additional prospect shouldn't be whether we want him or not, it should be about what's fair value and who is the best fit for his team. If we have to rob our cupboard of a Pelletier, Poirier or Coronato just to sweeten the deal for a player who many never be the same again after surgery, I'd just as soon pass on him altogether. We seem to playing just fine rn without him.

Last edited:

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Adams' criteria for an additional prospect shouldn't be whether we want him or not, it should be about what's fair value and who is the best fit for his team. If we have to rob our cupboard of a Pelletier, Poirier or Coronato just to sweeten the deal for a player who many never be the same again after surgery, I'd just as soon pass on him altogether. We seem to playing just fine rn without him.
Whats the latest update on the asking price? Can anyone provide a quote or link?

Thanks

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That’s fine. Just say we don’t want him instead of wasting time.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

We absolutely do want (need) a number one C. CGY has had a low end number one center for 5 years who is now playing like a low end number 3 center.

Just think about this top six (or eight). Think about it long and hard. The options and combinations are awesome, dare I say contender status.

Gaudreau-Eichel-Tkachyk
Mangiapane - Lindholm- Coleman
Dube - Backlund -

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021

If any other team was willing to offer more than Mony + Vali + Zary + a 1st, a deal would've been done a long time ago. Adams is not in a position to bargain here. Adding another prospect to that deal would be an overpay imo, but if that's what it takes to get the deal done, it's not going to be one of our top-tier guys.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Nobody knows for sure, but strong indications that the ask is Monahan, Dube or Mangiapane, 1st 2022, 2nd 2022, and a top prospect (ie Connor Zary).

One or both of those picks would very likely have conditions.

I wish I was a fly on the wall in Brad's office. The curiosity is killing me, I want details, and I want 'em now. Weird that big talker Francis isnt louder on this front. I guess he is standing firm on his "its a pipe dream" stance from back in January - despite the Flames being mentioned as a front runner by top insiders like Friedman.

Not only do CGY fans deserve Eichel, they deserve a better beat writer.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
For all we know this could be Buffalo leaking information (whether true or not) in a last ditch attempt to get Treliving to flinch and add to the already best offer on the table. They know a resolution is needed ASAP.

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Fire Treliving

Jan 11, 2014
Yup. If Anaheim included a top prospect and beat our ask I'd understand us losing out. There's no way we shouldn't be able to beat a Vegas package.

Yeah, we could easily beat whatever they are offering. And kudos to their GM, he is very proactive. What's funny, though, is that Treliving has no problem overpaying for 2nd tier forwards and defencemen, but when it comes to elite talent, he's always the bridesmaid.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
For all we know this could be Buffalo leaking information (whether true or not) in a last ditch attempt to get Treliving to flinch and add to the already best offer on the table. They know a resolution is needed ASAP.

I hope you're right but I think Vegas' slow start may have prompted them to make changes that they weren't considering before. Ie Krebs is avaliable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig