Speculation: Armchair GM and Rumors Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Sbisa actually had an ok year. Still 26, he's way overpaid, but can be ok when used properly, in a limited role. Besides, the meat and potatoes of the trade is Wideman for Markstrom, with add ins to fill gaps/cap issues.
If by limited role you mean healthy scratch forever, than I agree. Sbisa has two more years on his contract, so if anything he's a worse cap dump than Wideman. Wideman can also be brought out for a smaller cap loss total than Sbisa at full contract.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Looks like Brouwer's value is rising. Too bad, always been a fan unlike others jumping on his bandwagon because he has scored a few goals in this year's playoffs.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Sbisa actually had an ok year. Still 26, he's way overpaid, but can be ok when used properly, in a limited role. Besides, the meat and potatoes of the trade is Wideman for Markstrom, with add ins to fill gaps/cap issues.

Sbisa is terrible, I hope he is never in the Flaming C. Just buyout Wideman.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
With all this Panarin news, is there any feasibility to potentially signing Panarin as a 1st line winger with Gaudreau/Monahan?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
With all this Panarin news, is there any feasibility to potentially signing Panarin as a 1st line winger with Gaudreau/Monahan?

Pretty sure he's RFA right? It would be sweet but I don't see how we could fit it under the cap.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

He has elite skill. For sure. But honestly, Hawks have first dibs and I doubt they just let him go.

ElfanuReinhard*

Sign Loui Eriksson and Troy Brouwer or Dale Weise, trade Wideman and Smid to teams in need of reaching floors, trade Raymond to Tohoku Free Brades for a plate of Sea Urchin sushi. Blow up a balloon, eat black forest cake, do the togo, and colonize Mars.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Any interest?

:hawks

W Mason Raymond 3.15m 1 year left

:flames

W Bryan Bickell 4.0m 1 year left
+ something small

Raymond for Bickell and a 4th. I'd do that. Flames could use the size in the bottom 6, and I think he'd rebound here. I think Raymond could do well in Chicago as well.

Try to sign Stempniak or Brouwer.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Brouwer
Frolik - Bennett/Backlund - Colborne
Bickell - Backlund/Bennett - Stajan
??? - Grant - ???

??? is a rotation of Bouma/Ferland/Hathaway. Bouma takes a permanent spot if he finds his offensive game again.

Jooris is gone.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Neither Bickell nor Raymond should be playing in the NHL, so their player's profiles are irrelevant to such a trade. The question would be whether that "something small" was worth it for the Flames, given that they would be taking on more salary.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I`d really like to see Calgary take advantage of the Blackhawks situation and bring Shaw here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad