Confirmed with Link: Arizona signs Jason Zucker - 1 year, 5.3M

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Would have agreed at the start of last year but by the end Soda had made strides. Let him play one full NHL year at least.
I havent seen much at the NHL let alone the AHL level. IMO, this is a Chayka kid that's undersized for the position and for BA.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What does a Hanifin extension look like? Just thinking we’re living in a world where Dmitry Orlov pulls down almost 8 mil.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Less here, would leave more for Mayfield, or another solid D.
Then I believe he would have signed elsewhere. Also, Mayfield signed long term with the Islanders. What other solid D are you looking at?

I havent seen much at the NHL let alone the AHL level. IMO, this is a Chayka kid that's undersized for the position and for BA.
BA has said more than once he was the best player in Tucson. I hope he gets more time with the big club.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I also am of the opinion that he’s a potential trade piece.
Why not give him more time? He plays a hard position, still young, cheap for another year, and BA has heaped praise on him.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Why not give him more time? He plays a hard position, still young, cheap for another year, and BA has heaped praise on him.
I’m not saying dump him. I just think he will be a trade piece. I don’t view him as a core piece.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m not saying dump him. I just think he will be a trade piece. I don’t view him as a core piece.
I didn't say he was, but I believe his play when called up got better and better which should lead to more time to evaluate.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If we can get extended Hanifin on a reasonable deal for Soda + pair of 2nds, i'd do it.

Otherwise lets just try to play Soda out and let him develop. It's not like we are drowning on RHD talent
Hanifin would be great, but he will want a big payday, which he deserves, but are we ready at this time?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Then I believe he would have signed elsewhere. Also, Mayfield signed long term with the Islanders. What other solid D are you looking at?

BA has said more than once he was the best player in Tucson. I hope he gets more time with the big club.
Yeah, I’ve been traveling. Saw that after my post. Looks like he wanted term.
Looks like it’s down to Dumba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad