Confirmed with Link: Arizona signs Jason Zucker - 1 year, 5.3M

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Don’t love this deal. He’s injured a lot, his 27 goals last season were aided by playing with Malkin and maybe blocks Guenther.

Think that money could be better spent better elsewhere.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Don’t love this deal. He’s injured a lot, his 27 goals last season were aided by playing with Malkin and maybe blocks Guenther.

Think that money could be better spent better elsewhere.
It’s 60 games of insurance in case Guenther needs some time in minors. The $ figure is surprising but it’s 1 year and he is going to be moved at the deadline. Essentially we bought ourselves a 2nd/3rd rounder.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Some quotes from Pittsburgh board:

"This team is going to miss Zucker's tenacity and grit that he brought. It was expected that re-signing him was out of the question with the acquisition of Smith. Who's going to bring that spark when the team inevitably comes out flat? Not a single player besides him was willing to do that."

"Sad to see Zuck go... felt like he was the heart and soul of the team last year."

"i'd have signed Zuck to that deal."

"I’m calling it now, we’ll trade for Zucker at the deadline"

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
we actually have a decent top 9...should go a long way to be a lot more competitive this season

1688242601949.png

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
dude, we're not making the playoffs...if we were even close, AT should be coach of the year...I expect a 7-10pt increase given the current players...basically 3-5 more wins

So we're going to be losers with worse draft picks next year...that's just great. ;)

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Got to build that winning culture someone was talking about...baby steps and the additions of maturation of the Guenther's, Maccelli's, Moser's, McBain's, Valimaki's and addition of heart and soul Zucker to shore up the top 9...it should go a long way to have this team improve

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Got to build that winning culture someone was talking about...baby steps and the additions of maturation of the Guenther's, Maccelli's, Moser's, McBain's, Valimaki's and addition of heart and soul Zucker to shore up the top 9...it should go a long way to have this team improve
Yep...stacking good player on top of good player. Team goal is still to be perennial playoff team when we move in to new building. These are all building blocks.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Heh, Zucker was No. 3 on TSN’s free agent list
And they didn’t say a word about his signing up until I stopped watching their free agent frenzy show.

They made sure to talk about Reaves and Connor Brown about 10 times each though.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
And they didn’t say a word about his signing up until I stopped watching their free agent frenzy show.

They made sure to talk about Reaves and Connor Brown about 10 times each though.
Yeah...I was surprised (maybe not) that a show about free agents could overlook the #3 free agent on its own list because the free agent went to the Coyotes. If he had gone to any Canadian team it would have been heavily discussed.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Man, looking at the contracts around the league, we did real well. Support for the core, but the responsibility on them to really move us forward. Guenther, Hayton, Macceli, Moser taking big steps would move us forward. If not, they still develop while we wait for our higher end prospects to arrive.

DET with another facepalm offseason in my opinion. That Compher deal is brutal and even worse with Copp locked up.

Going to be spending 10m a season on two 3C
Exactly...I suspect him to be traded to a contender for assets...great for the team, great for the player and he's a hitting machine, more guys on the team that do that to set direction, the better
Yep and I have no problem with that. Not going to expect more than a 3rd but other players should take notice of how well we are treating our hired guns

Heh, Zucker was No. 3 on TSN’s free agent list
Moving on up!

25 of his 27 goals last year were 5 on 5. Impressive.
Fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad